1. Incorporate safety and environmental responsibility into daily action.
2. Assist project supervision in daily implementation and enforcement of jobsite safety rules.
3.Assist departments in developing action plans to reduce or eliminate occupational illnesses and injuries through the use of a pre-job hazard assessment. Upon completion of the hazard assessment, develop and
implement procedures to control the hazards. These procedures include but are not limited to:
a. Substance abuse program.
b. Employee medical evaluations.
c. Respiratory program.
d. Fall protection program.
e. Confined space program.
f. Process safety management.
g. Incentive program.
h. Emergency and evacuation program
4. Assist in monitoring and evaluating jobsite safety on a daily basis to identify unsafe conditions and procedures, performing a follow-up to ensure they are corrected
5. Assist in coordination and facilitation of new hire orientations and other necessary training in compliance with federal and local regulations. Document and maintain all records of training provided
6. Assist in monitor activities of subcontractors
7. Under the supervision of other safety staff, perform both formal and impromptu safety and health audits and recommend corrective actions when necessary
8. Interface with customer and subcontractor safety representatives to assist in the coordination of safety and health efforts.
9. Assist in incident investigations and development of “lessons learned” from the incident.
10. Assist in management and reporting of first aid cases being sent for medical treatment
1. Working knowledge of OSHA standards
2. Understanding of heavy industrial construction i.e., refineries, power plants
3. Basic understanding of industrial hygiene principles, fire prevention, ergonomics
Required skills or abilities
1. Good computer literacy.
2. Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
3. Good problem solving skills.
4. Willing to work at an on-going site such a refinery or chemical plant
Formal education: Four year college education or entering Sophmore, Junior or Senior Year of College – 2.8 GPA minimum
UP TO 50% TRAVEL REQUIRED