Executive Director and Head of Pricing and Reimbursement International
Reports to : Vice President, IMPACT International Marketing, Policy, Access & Commercial Excellence Team
Location : Zurich, Switzerland
Alexion is seeking a qualified Executive Director level candidate to lead the development and execution of successful P&R policies and strategies for Alexion’s current and future products across the International Region. Specifically, the ED will lead efforts in assessing and communicating to internal and external stakeholders the market access requirements of the International area for our portfolio, contributing to and shaping the overall value strategy for our brands throughout lifecycle. The position will support Alexion’s country teams in the preparation and delivery of P&R negotiations and will be responsible for helping translate relevant developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice. The ED will directly manage a team of 5 and will have dotted line management responsibility for all in-country Market Access Directors across International.
As the leader of the P&R team, the Executive Director is required to have a variety of skills including the ability to:
- Shape and lead a team culture which brings out the best in all members and foster continual development of our capability and approach
- Represent P&R in the Intl’ Commercial Functions Leadership Team, develop resourcing and budgeting plans and hold overall accountability for delivery across the team
- Hold central responsibility for Pricing and Reimbursement governance across International Markets and devise and enhance frameworks for decision rights in collaboration with the VP, Intl Marketing, Commercial Excellence, Market Access and Policy
- Identify, analyze, develop, and implement recommendations and strategies regarding P&R policy and challenges important to Alexion’s product portfolio;
- Provide clear and supportive leadership to Direct Reports and matrix reports
- Analyze, synthesize, and translate technical P&R information, including coverage and reimbursement policies, into meaningful decision points, recommendations, and strategic tactics;
- Oversee creation and negotiation of robust P&R dossiers for priority countries;
- Champion the P&R requirements for International through development and ensure alignment between all stakeholders internally as to prioritized needs
- Prioritize tasks, and organize and manage multiple projects while maintaining an understanding of national and global perspectives and objectives;
- Contribute to and in some cases lead strategy discussions and communication efforts with relevant external stakeholders including key government agencies and organizations;
- Interact with General Managers to align on a common understanding of P&R needs in key markets and to ensure all plans are aligned cross-functionally towards those aims
- Provide clear technical leadership and strong support/partnership to our Country P&R leads
- Communicate and partner directly with internal cross-functional teams;
- Support due diligence efforts by leveraging P&R expertise to inform commercial assessments of potential acquisition targets from the perspective of International markets
- Coordinate and oversee projects with external consultants as needed or appropriate;
- Communicate frequently and effectively with stakeholders/team members throughout the organisation; and
- Produce well-written Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets that communicate key points in a clear and concise format.
Qualified candidates should have the following skills:
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Leadership experience both directly and in the matrix
- P&R work experience in international multi-lingual, and cross-cultural pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Candidates also should have an open mind about new ways to approach P&R issues, particularly for a company like Alexion with a focus on ultra-rare diseases.
- Experience in organizing and prioritizing an international workload;
- Strong team player, sociable, autonomous, dynamic, results focus and responsive;
- Strong organizational and project management skills and experience, with ability to handle changing priorities in a timely manner;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to dynamic conditions and various cultures;
- Sense of ethics responsibility and confidentiality;
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Fluency in English both written and oral mandatory – any other language would be an asset;
- Experience and confidence interacting with clients/external consultants and being an external face of the International P&R team and Alexion; and
- Organized, self-motivated, and energetic.
A BA or BSc is required; a graduate degree (MS, MPH, MPP, MBA, JD) is strongly preferred.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.