Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Do you have first experience in Accounting and you would like to grow further in Finance in internacional dynamic organization?
This is an opportunity for you!
Join biotech leader specialized in rare dieses as:
Manager FP&A International
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
The Manager FP&A International is responsible primarily for supporting the business for the Financial Planning and Analysis of the International Group. She / He will report directly to the Head of Finance International and act as his primary point of contact for reporting and consolidation. The role will support two Senior Managers reporting also to the same manager.
We identify 2 core assignations to this position:
- Business Partnering to International stakeholder. Main client: Financial Senior Director / VP Finance International, Business Units, Local Controllers and Directors, Corporate Finance teams, International Headquarter and Senior Managers International.
- Implementation/Ownership of Critical Cross-functions FP&A processes & reporting (under leadership of Senior Director FP&A International)
1. Implementation/Ownership of Critical Cross-BU FP&A processes & reporting
- The Manager FP&A International is responsible for supporting at International level critical FP&A processes focused on increasing quality & readiness of financial management reporting.
- She / He will work on streamlining core processes and auditing quality standards for management reporting, under the leadership of the Senior Director FP&A International.
- Work closely with Corporate Finance on global processes. Represents the International region and makes sure the region implements global models and processes and alignment across countries. Maximise alignment where possible across franchises and geographies within International.
2. Primary Finance role: Main FP&A business partner to International, support the Senior Managers and Senior Director FP&A International
- Actuals proofing for each of the P&L components:
- Ensure countries patient reporting is in line with Commercial Operations roll up
- Provide revenue reconciliations and validation of the local revenue model assumptions
- Ensure monthly forecast is submitted and validated in timely manner in each of International reporting markets
- Provide consolidated view of monthly new forecast and variance explanations
- Drive accuracy of data
- Monthly P&L reporting: coordinate with local controllers to validate patient reporting. Analyze and comment all operating expenses variances
- Quarterly reporting: coordinate financial communications to ensure reporting decks are delivered in timely manners. Control and ensure qualitative data are provided by all markets in accordance with FP&A standards
- Support the Long Range Plan & Annual Operating Plan processes (Patient Drivers, revenue model assumptions, P&L, Consolidation and reviews)
- Lead improvement of financial processes and performance (practices, financial procedures and principles), seek automation where appropriate
- Work directly with the HR Business Partners in charge of the International groups to ensure forecast and headcounts are reported accurately each month.
- Develop, deploy, monitor and drive internal procedures in conformity with the Company policies
- Business partner with the regional management team to ensure clear understanding of financial impact of key decisions & provide insightful business, cost and financial information as they relate to local initiatives and objectives – that will include the development and management of ad-hoc reports & analysis.
- Propose prioritisation of investments to maximise the growth within resource constraints across the region: resource allocation, ratio analysis
- Lead or participate to critical projects such as PeQ tracking & compliance with support of Business Operations Group, HC follow up, country / regional financial pack, cost center optimization, product P&L
- Participation to any regional or corporate projects
4. Operations Support:
- Coordinate and implement with Commercial Insights the incentive compensation plan for the International sales force
- Coordinate with ABS (Alexion Business Services) based in Mumbai for procurement related matters (i.e. PO maintenance and reporting, digital reporting tools (CIM), management reporting)
- Act as cost center controller:
- International Headquarters Commercial budgets: monitor, report and provide financial support to the International marketing teams: forecast, budget and reporting
- Coordinate with procurement to ensure purchasing process is in line with Company policy – including monitoring of e-req timeliness and, Invoices validations / Review Open Purchase Orders and manage the monthly accrual process in liaising with the Accounting team.
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the above mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Up to 5 years work experience in Finance.
- Strong accounting capabilities with preferrable experience with one the “big four” or consulting.
- Experience in Consolidation & Finance Management Reporting
- Experience in international organization a must
- Strong Knowledge of ERPs (i.e. Hyperion, BPC preferred, SAP and BW)
- Knowledge of CRMs (i.e. Sales Force.com) is a plus
- Fluent English Mandatory. Other European Language a plus
- Education University Degree in Finance / Accounting
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.