Alexion is a biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with severe and rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products. Alexion is the global leader in complement inhibition and has developed and markets a treatment for patients with PNH and aHUS, two debilitating, ultra-rare and life-threatening disorders caused by chronic uncontrolled complement activation. Alexion also has two life transforming metabolic disease products in the ultra-rare arena. Alexion has developed a treatment (SOLIRIS) for generalized Myasthenia Gravis in patients who are refractory to the standard of care. Alexion is evaluating other potential indications for its marketed drug and is developing additional highly innovative biotechnology product candidates across multiple therapeutic areas.
Regional Account Manager- Neurology
<span style="font-family: "Calibri Light","sans-serif";"> Reports to: Associate Director, Sales - Neurology
<span style="font-family: "Calibri Light","sans-serif";"> Location: Field – Alberta, British Columbia
<span style="font-family: "Calibri Light","sans-serif";">
The Regional Account Manager (RAM) is the key Disease and Soliris territory sales leader who supports commercial goals and objectives. The RAM primary responsibility is to support two critical Canadian Commercial Strategic Imperatives: generating demand and ensuring appropriate utilization with treating physicians. As a SOLIRIS resource, the Regional Account Manager will support these strategic imperatives through disease and Soliris education of Health Care Providers in the Neurology therapeutic area within their territory.
The Regional Account Manager will impact territory performance by collaborating with the ASD and other key internal stakeholders to develop and execute a territory business plan aimed at surpassing key business metrics.
This position will be located in Alberta and have accountability for both Alberta and British Columbia.
- Consistently achieve or exceed sales objectives in assigned territory
- Provide a high level of customer service to all key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong in-depth disease, diagnostic and product knowledge leading to effective education of, and a call to action for, key stakeholders
- Successfully seek out, qualify and progress leads, as appropriate, to patients on therapy
- Appropriately utilize all marketing tools and execute local promotional activities and programs
- Create, present and maintain strategically targeted business plans (HCP and Diagnostic) that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces impacting product sales
- Track activities and submit reports on sales activities accurately & on-time
- Efficiently manage time, CRM tool, resources and workload
- Proactively interact with the internal cross-functional team to maximize resources for their territory
- Collaborate with Medical and Marketing to identify and develop Plans of Action for prioritized KOLs within territory (MD, RN, diagnostic, pharmacy)
- Collaborate with Director Market Access to achieve key business priorities
- It is critical that the REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER is compliant with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Alexion activities in general and in this role in particular
- Documented track record for delivering consistent ‘Top-tier’ sales results
- Proven ability to gain consistent access & develop strong, professional relationships for scientific exchange and promotion with healthcare providers in community and academic centers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in an interdependent, team-oriented environment on a consistent basis
- 3+ years field-based experience in rare disease biotechnology environment preferred
- Min 3 years of recent Neurology Market knowledge; neuromuscular disorders preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to travel within territory on a regular basis which will include frequent overnight and weekend travel
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or business field
- Advanced Degrees preferred
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.