Career Opportunities: Assistant Manager - Engineering Services (17824)
Req Id 17824 - Posted 02/13/2018 - KEC - KEC - Corporate - Mumbai - Tardeo
- Experience : more than 5 years (preferably 6-7 years )
- Qualification:M.E./B.E. in Civil
- Travel: Occasional (<10%)
- Responsible for preparing the designs of the substation for pre-bid phase and contract execution phase.
- Prepare the Bill of material for the tender specification
- Prepares technical quarries
- Develop design drawings require the tender submission
- Prepare the design calculation of the structure and foundation for substation equipment.
- Collection of the site data by site visit
- Develop final key line for the structure
- Develop foundation drawings for substation equipment, control building and cable trench layout.
- Review the detail structural and fabrication drawing prepared by the fabricator.
- Review the vendor drawings of all the substation equipment for compatibility with civil structures.
- Prepare the details BOQ of civil item.
- Check the drawings prepared by the draughtsman.
- Issue the drawings to site/client
- Reply the comments received from clients.
- Coordinate with site at the time of project execution and commissioning.
- Prepare as built drawing (civil) after commissioning of the substation
- Prepare the inspection test report after the inspection of the structure details at the factory
- Knowledge of civil engineering – particularly basic knowledge of execution of transmission projects, various techniques etc.
- Working knowledge of : STAAD, PLS tower and CAAD, itower,AutCad
- Knowledge of design codes: EN/BS codes, IEC/IS codes, ACI/ASCE Codes, South African codes, DIN codes
- Analytical Skills : Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information
- Organizing : has the ability to organize and schedule events, activities and resources and set up and monitor time-scales and planes
- Decision making: accepts personal accountability to meet business needs and improves systems and processes; is data/fact based in taking decision; is fair to all involved stake holders in the decision .
- Team player: has the ability to actively foster a good working environment among the team and build effective team relationships.
- Innovative: has the ability to bring new ideas to make a process more effective and apply better solutions to situation.