Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Manufacturing Associate II position reports to Manager Manufacturing at Emergent Manufacturing Operations Baltimore (EMOB). Prior experience in GMP biologics manufacturing and operation of GMP bio-process equipment are prerequisites.
• Operates manufacturing bio-process equipment such as: incubators, single-use bioreactors, depth filtration skids, TFF skids, chromatography skids, single-use mixers and in process testing equipment
• Demonstrates, understands and adheres to Emergent policies, GMP standards and safety procedures
• Informs Manager on progress of projects, transfer of data, process details, etc.
• Executes batch records according to GMP and site quality standards
• Generates Batch Records, SOPs and Protocols as required
• Responds to off-hour alarms as assigned by the Manager Manufacturing
• Executes manufacturing cleanroom changeover
• Supports Validation, Engineering and Facilities personnel in start-up, testing and operation of manufacturing process equipment
• Supports Emergent QA during audits and regulatory inspections
• Supports other manufacturing process teams and other EMOB groups as necessary to achieve Manufacturing team goals
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
High School diploma required, BS preferred
Minimum 1 year of GMP bio- pharmaceutical experience
Hands-on experience with the installation, operation, cleaning and maintenance of bio-pharmaceutical GMP equipment
Computer literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 10 lbs, and pull 10 lbs. Use phone, fax, copier, and computer. Use hand tools and operate fork lift. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem solve, make decisions, supervise, plan, communicate, prepare written communications, and prepare transaction documents. Drive automatic/standard vehicle. Work outdoors, around noise above conversation level, in hot/cold temperatures, in high humidity, where ventilation is needed, in multiple locations, with restricted access to laboratory, in contact with Select Agents, and with exposure to animals, animal areas, or equipment used in animal areas.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.