Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2,000 staff.
Overview of the Role
You will have primary responsibility for supporting corporate communications, investment communications and assisting in the development and support of Janus Henderson’s broader strategic communications narrative and in the execution of firm’s PR strategy in the US across institutional and intermediary channels. The role also involves continuing to develop and enhance Janus Henderson’s media relations activity, profiling capabilities across all asset classes, assisting with the execution of investment communications and incorporating broader corporate and brand positioning as appropriate.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporation Communications and Public Relations, the role will involve a high level of coordination with the wider global press team on campaigns and issues management.
You should be an experienced financial PR professional, with a strong understanding of asset management and the relevant financial publications. The ideal candidate would also bring existing relationships with financial journalists and commentators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and help execute corporate communications activity (supporting internal and external announcements and developments) and work closely with the broader PR team on investment communications activity
- Build and grow the PR strategy in support of Janus Henderson’s US retail and institutional business, profiling our capabilities across all asset classes (digital and print), and incorporating broader corporate and brand positioning
- Provide day-to-day media liaison
- Protect and manage the company’s brand and reputation
- Identify and manage potential press issues as they arise
- Partner with key stakeholders in the business and provide communication counsel as required
- Develop interesting and compelling stories and collateral that strike a chord with the trade media
- Origination of press releases, newshooks and press statements
- Collaborate with our global press team across the business to assist in idea generation, providing input and support
- Monitor and evaluate press coverage and develop relevant metrics to showcase to the business
- Manage and plan press events, including press roundtables and corporate hospitality
- Develop strong and positive relationships with journalists
- Make use of digital media and social media in line with Janus Henderson’s digital strategy
- Monitor industry press coverage and PR activity of competitor firms
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Proven writing skills
- Previous experience in public relations or journalism is essential
- Ideally, financial services experience and a working knowledge of asset management
- Proof of creative approach to communications
- Knowledge and experience of online and offline media
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combining the ability to build effective networks of relations within the business and with media
- Understanding of the media environment and drivers of newsflow
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of meeting demands across a multiple of clients or business units
- Articulate, confident, decisive, enthusiastic and a self-starter
- Understand the need to establish effective objectives and priorities as well as management of expectations
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Annual Performance Appraisal
- Completion of all assigned Compliance training
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.