The Hope Group, a leading supplier of automation motion control components and system solutions, seeks a self-motivated and dedicated Outside Sales Automation Sales Engineer to generate new sales opportunities while developing long term professional relationships with existing and new prospective customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong electrical control, PLC/PAC background, experienced working with industrial OEM’s, System Integrators and End User customers, selling industrial electrical control products. He/she should be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, is comfortable working in with customers solving problems and creating solutions with the support of our manufacturers and application engineers.
This position is in Maine territory with an existing customer base and opportunity for additional growth.
Primary functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate weekly sales calls with new / existing customers and target prospective customers using CRM software.
- Work with management to develop a territory sales plan with actionable tasks and goals reviewed monthly.
- Utilize CRM software to manage sales territory and account base activity.
- Apply your knowledge as an expert to create and close sales opportunities with your customers.
- Work closely with inside sales to provide exceptional customer service and meet customer needs.
- Conduct product Luncheon/Learns at customer sites utilizing THG personal and/or factory representatives.
- Learn and utilize all available company resources including inside sales, marketing, design engineering, and management.
- Attend product and sales training, both local or at factory schools, and company meetings when required.
- Work with vendor representatives and business affiliates in meetings, joint sales calls, and networking.
- Promote other company division’s products and services.
- A minimum of 3-5 years TECHNICAL field sales experience.
- Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial Engineer / technical degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Training and/or education in electrical controls or computer science; good understanding of motors, and motor controls and related electrical sensors and control systems.
- Basic knowledge of ladder logic programming and PLC/PAC field bus communication options.
- Basic knowledge of operator interface programming and SCADA systems.
- Strong desire to expand product and systems knowledge to become more valuable to the company and customers.
- Above average computer experience with Microsoft Office, internet, various technical sizing and drawing programs, e-mail, smart phones and CRM utilization.
- Self-motivated, driven, a team player, strong communication skills and attention to details are a must.
- Must have and maintain clean driving record and ability to successfully pass a background check.
Base salary commensurate with experience. Commissions, Company Car, and Outstanding Benefits Package.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.