Mission Statement: To sell your assigned products and Hope capabilities within your designated geographic territory and present a positive company and personal image to maximize sales, company profits and customer satisfaction.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Aggressively pursue sales of Hope Group, Parker Seal and any other designated products and services in territory through mailers, direct sales calls, advertising and relationship building to achieve yearly sales goals, increase market share and maximize profits.
- Provide feedback to management on market conditions.
- Provide customers with engineering services and technical information.
- Proactively and constructively analyze customer accounts to determine potential for both present and future needs. Establish rapport between customers and Hope Group matching benefits of products to customer needs.
- Plan focus and target, accounts, markets, industries or geography activity plans on an annual basis. Communicate plans with manager and sales team members to better leverage Hope Group capabilities and sales force skill strengths. Prepare monthly budget for assigned territory.
- Research and prepare presentation of product designed to satisfy specific account requirement while maximizing company profits. Prepare written quotes and track all active quotations.
- Effectively utilize personal computer and other technological tools as offered by the company including MS Office, TDF CRM, Tribute ERP and others which may be identified at a later date.
- Maintain and submit timely and accurate expense reports and daily, weekly business and sales activity reports.
- Continuously seek self-improvement in the area of selling skills and technical knowledge through the use of tapes, books, continuing education, certifications and Parker product training seminars.
- Act as liaison between customer and various departments to settle disputes including credit problems, collections, delivery and warranty issues.
- Positively and constructively contribute to the development of a hard-working, effective team with fellow employees.
- Remain current on product technology to enhance ability to succeed in competitive selling situations.
- Represent company at industry and high-level trade show events.
- Provide advanced systems consultation to customers.
- Assist in training and developing other Hope Group employees and conducting customer training seminars.
- Adhere to the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct in representing yourself and The Hope Group.
- Cross-lead your counterpart salesmen into opportunities at your accounts and make consistent and ongoing crosslead of your counterpart salesmen.
- Make joint travel calls with Parker Territory Managers and Marketing Specialists.
- Work with KLX sales, product and marketing managers to effectively understand, identify and meet their Aerospace customer requirements for Parker Seals.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum bachelors degree in Engineering or Business with a strong proven ability to grasp and work with technical products and sales and at least four years of direct customer contact dealing with assigned product line or very similar product. Degree may be substituted for at least ten years experience involving direct customer contact dealing with assigned product line and their applications and meeting all other requirements defined below.
- Desire, self-confidence, imagination, commitment and self-motivation with an ability to independently and proactively sustain required sales activity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with particular emphasis on developing positive relationships with customers, clients and fellow-employees, presentation skills, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to probe, question and analyze customer requirements and consult and advise on recommended solutions to problems and applications.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Experience and expertise utilizing personal computers to organize, plan and communicate. Software application knowledge needed includes MS Office, TDF CRM and Tribute ERP among others to be developed and released at later dates.
- Possess competent administrative and paperwork skills to guarantee that quotes, proposals and order invoices are properly completed and expedited.
- Extensive knowledge of Parker Hannifin organization structure and ability to interface with product divisions/factories, vendors, direct sales-staff and other Parker Hannifin divisions.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability to operate company vehicle is required for this position.
Other desirable attributes: Proven ability to be a leader, manager and motivator of others. Geographic flexibility.
Physical/Mental Effort: May require exposure to dusty, damp and noisy environments. Also may require significant travel within territory by using vehicle and variable work schedules and extra hours.
Broad knowledge of a discipline such as chemical, electrical, electronic, civil or mechanical engineering, behavioral science, finance or business administration involving the use of a broad theoretical knowledge equivalent to a complete 4-year college or university education.
Over 1 year up to and including 3 years.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.