Inside Sales and Marketing Manager
The Hope Group, a leading supplier of hydraulic, fluid connectors and automation motion control components / system solutions, seeks a self-motivated and experienced Inside Sales and Marketing Manager to supervise inside sales staff involved with the sale of a variety of Hope Group products and marketing staff involved in the promotion of a variety of The Hope Group products and services.
The ideal candidates will possess superb mentoring and motivating skills and a broad based background including experience in pricing, ordering, advertising, promotions, public relations, and general sales and marketing duties and support functions.
The Inside Sales and Marketing Manager has supervisory responsibility and is expected to select, train and continuously support employee development including mentoring and coaching supervisory staff to achieve performance expectations. The Inside Sales and Marketing Managers supports The Hope Group Business Management System [BMS] procedures and work instructions by following established processes and supporting their continual improvement.
Essential functions of the position in the area of sales include but are not limited to:
- Receive and review inquiries and orders and assign to inside sales personnel or follow up to ensure correct identification of parts or items required; price in accordance with The Hope Group pricing model.
- Receive, investigate, assign, and/or and resolve customer inquiries and complaints regarding deliveries, price, credit or other matters. Supply information, initiate action & resolve within established practices.
- Work with purchasing regarding min/max levels, reorder points, safety stocks, and turns on all company products.
- Establish and assign responsibility for maintaining all necessary records, logs & reports related to inside sales of all company products.
- Establish, document and implement inside sales policies and procedures needed to maintain & support sales growth. Facilitate the training of inside sales representatives in the use and application of procedures.
- Assign instruct and assist inside sales persons in the performance of their duties. Monitor and follow up to anticipate or detect inadequate performance or problems and take necessary corrective action to assure effective and efficient operation and compliance with established practices and procedures.
Essential functions of the position in the area of marketing include but are not limited to:
- Create and implement digital marketing programs, including script development, questionnaires, instructions, training and tracking. Identify potential markets (ex: marine, mobile), coordinate sales blitz activities, establish lead generation/tracking procedures and process including CRM programs.
- Design, write and produce email and mail campaigns in support of lead generation, blitz campaigns, product placement campaigns, marketing research and other activities. Identify, build database of prospects, based on research, SIC, or other basis. Compile and publish lists for marketing and sales activities.
- Conduct regular marketing research and sales support research to identify possible leads, trends in customer buying and effect of competition. Conduct targeted marketing programs such as identifying marine prospects, nitrogen generator prospects, turbine governor prospects, hydraulic power unit prospects, etc.
- Write press releases, design and produce marketing materials, design and produce specialty items, develop and implement website pages, participate in tradeshows, workshops, seminars, training sessions and publicity events. Design, develop and implement retail store displays, vehicle signage, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate activities for major tradeshows, including design and development of exhibit backdrops, show-specific literature, pre and post-show activities including follow-up campaigns.
- Design, write and produce presentation folders, corporate line cards, literature, brochures, business cards, direct mail pieces, letters and post cards.
- Design, write and edit website content for all company websites. Create press releases for general media and website.
- Assign instruct and assist marketing staff in the performance of their duties. Monitor and follow up to anticipate or detect inadequate performance or problems and take necessary corrective action to assure effective and efficient operation and compliance with established practices and procedures.
- College degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven expertise in the sales and marketing arena including utilization of CRMs and Google Analytics.
- Proven skills in the hiring, training, mentoring and managing staff.
- Excellent professional communication skills.
- Superb computer experience with Microsoft Office and related software and system tools that support sales and marketing including broad based experience with CRM software.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.