Product Sales Manager - Automation
The Hope Group, a leading supplier of hydraulic, fluid connectors and automation motion control components / system solutions, seeks a self-motivated and dedicated Product Sales Manager - Automation to provide leadership and mentoring of staff and the coordination of company sales and marketing functions as it relates to Automation Component and System Sales. This person will develop and implement Automation Component and Systems sales marketing strategies and will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and meeting Automation sales and marketing activities against goals.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong leadership and motion control background, experienced working with industrial OEM’s and End User customers, selling motion and fluid controls, pneumatics, and electrical industrial products. He/she should be a self-starter with proven leadership skills, excellent communication skill.
Essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Direct and coordinate company Automation sales and marketing functions.
- Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Direct and oversee the company marketing function for automation sales to identify and develop new customers for products and services.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate and oversee the management of all other accounts.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Develop, establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for automation sales to enhance sales and effective and efficient operations.
- Supervise the planning and development of company marketing and communications materials related to automation sales.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Product Sales Manager’s and Sales Teams to enhance cross-selling activity for mutual sales success.
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of Automation sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Promote positive and professional relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Continuously support employee development including mentoring and coaching supervisory staff to achieve performance expectations, providing effective communication and collaboration, maintaining a customer focus, and supporting a continuous improvement environment.
- Oversee the utilization of the company CRM tools by all sales and marketing personnel as it pertains to automation sales.
- Drive accountability through metrics and data to measure sales team results.
- Support The Hope Group Business Management System [BMS] procedures and work instructions by following established processes and supporting their continual improvement.
- As Process Owner, responsible for the definition, documentation, process user identification, employee training, performance monitoring, and continuous improvement of processes under their charge.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or instructed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 3-5 years TECHNICAL field sales experience.
- Proven leadership skills in supervising and mentoring staff.
- Training and/or education in pneumatic / electrical / mechanical systems including technical experience with valves, cylinders, motors, controls and related electrical sensors and systems.
- Experience and proven ability to select/specify proper components to fit customers’ needs and specifications.
- Strong desire to expand product and systems knowledge to become more valuable to the company and customers.
- Above average computer experience with Microsoft Office, internet, various technical sizing and drawing programs, e-mail, smart phones and CRM utilization.
- Self-motivated, driven, a team player, strong communication skills and attention to details are a must.
- Must have and maintain clean driving record and ability to successfully pass a background check.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.