The Hope Group, a division of Boeing Distribution Services, Inc., and a leading supplier of automation motion control components and system solutions, seeks a self-motivated and dedicated Customer Service Representative to perform a wide variety of customer services such as order editing, pricing, writing, data entry, and other similar duties as required, relative to the sale of fluid connectors, fluid controls and other industrial control products. This position is responsible for generating new business and maintaining existing business through positive and professional relationships with existing and prospective customers. The ideal candidate will possess strong mechanical, math and technology skills, as well as, a well-rounded career background working with industrial end user and OEM customers. S/he will be self-sufficient and comfortable working with customers in discussing product application and technical issues.
Essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain an expertise in one or more of the following product categories:
- Fluid Connectors
- Receive and review inquiries and orders, check to ensure correct identification of parts or units required. Price following established practices from records available.
- Assist customers in the application and selection of fluid connectors, hydraulic components, industrial controls and sealing products.
- Enter orders or inquiries electronically providing all pertinent data and information from available sources and finalize order for customer.
- Work with Outside Sales on more complex or major order situations to prepare pricing/quotations. Check customer orders against any quotations made, edit, write, and process.
- Receive and investigate customer inquiries and complaints regarding deliveries, price, credit, or other matters. Supply information, initiate action and resolve within established practice and authorized responsibility.
- Source non-stock items with suppliers based on price and delivery and initiate purchase of required items. Utilize Hope Group customer service team as a technical resource and communicate with vendors to obtain technical or other information.
- Record all contact data into appropriate CRM database and accurately maintain all required records, logs, and reports.
- Support The Hope Group Business Management System [BMS] procedures and work instructions by following established processes and support their continual improvement.
- Maintain all required records, logs, and reports.
- A minimum of 2-4 years TECHNICAL customer service experience.
- Technical / mechanical education a plus!
- Training and/or education and/or sales experience in pneumatic and mechanical systems including technical experience with valves, cylinders, vacuum, motors and related electrical sensors and systems.
- Experience and proven ability to determine proper components to fit customers’ needs and specifications.
- Above average computer experience with Microsoft Office, internet, and CRM utilization.
- Self-motivated, driven, and strong communication skills are a must.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.