Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Komatsu Mining's products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources. Please visit our website www.mining.komatsu for more information.
The Manufacturing Plant Manager is responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including driving a zero-harm culture in the operations, annual budgeting/cost control, lean production, quality control, manufacturing stock levels, facility/physical plant maintenance and capital improvements. They will work closely with the production team to increase productivity and profitability within the assembly manufacturing of heavy mining equipment.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the plant.
- Manage all aspects of the production operations in order to meet defined targets.
- Participates in the development of defined production operations targets.
- Develops and implement and maintain required lean manufacturing principles and processes to meet established production schedules and targets.
- Review WIP regularly and interface with production personnel to listen to concerns and suggestions and provide direction, support and coaching.
- Responsible for production workforce including recruitment, allocation of personnel, training and performance management.
- Communicate with engineering as well as product management personnel to develop new product strategies.
- Work closely with Operations departments including quality and supply chain to ensure products meet quality standards and inventory levels/product flow is maintained.
- Provide technical support to other departments, including sales, and assist with cost estimates and delivery schedules.
- BSc. Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or College diploma in a mechanical or electrical trade discipline with equivalent production management experience.
- 7+ years progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at an industrial or heavy equipment manufacturing facility.
- Previous experience implementing and maintaining environmental, health and safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with manufacturing budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- Previous experience with production planning based on sales forecasting and capacity.
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as Six Sigma or 6S to drive improvement.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills to motivate and develop employees.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication including listening skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets to analyze data and trends and general use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) and ERP systems.
- High energy, motivated, results oriented and driven.
If you have the skills and requirements to fulfill the responsibilities listed above, please submit your updated resume. Komatsu Mining is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefit package, continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry.