Komatsu Mining Corp. brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources.
We are currently looking to add Mechanical Subassembly Technicians to our Hard Rock Group at our Sudbury, Ontario location.
- Perform assembly of parts and components for heavy mobile mining equipment according to engineering drawings.
- Perform pre-assembly activities such as cleaning and lubricating parts.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches and written instructions to assemble the parts or products.
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications.
- Perform final checks on installation, repair, inspection, reassembly, replacing, refitting, and adjusting products as required to ensure products meet global quality standards.
Education / Qualification
- Registered 2nd or 3rd year apprentice in Heavy Duty Equipment, Truck and Coach, Automotive or Mechanical Millwright.
- 2-3 years’ relevant mechanical subassembly and/or assembly experience preferred.
- Mining industry-specific equipment experience preferred.
- Ability to work varied shift schedules including nights.
- Ability to read mechanical assembly blueprints.
Komatsu Mining Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefit package, continual focus on training and development, and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in fulfilling the responsibilities listed above and taking your career to the next level, please visit www.mining.komatsu and visit the “CAREERS” section to apply.