Komatsu Mining Corp. brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources.
We are currently looking to add Welder/Fitters to our Hard Rock Group at our Sudbury, Ontario location.
- Make/fit and repair parts used in the construction of heavy mining equipment.
- Lay out, cut and fabricate structural steel, plate, and different ferrous and non-ferrous metals based on the product specifications.
- Ensure quality products are being produced and maintain a safe, clean and productive work environment.
Education / Qualification
- College diploma in Welding and Fabrication Technician or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Welding and Fitting trade.
- Canadian Welding Bureau certification is an asset.
- Ability to work varied shift schedules; including nights.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work productively in a team environment.
- Flexible, self-motivated and driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets.
- Basic computer literacy for completion of applicable documentation and training.
Komatsu Mining Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefit package, continual focus on training and development, and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in fulfilling the responsibilities listed above and taking your career to the next level, please visit www.mining.komatsu and visit the “CAREERS” section to apply.