Komatsu Mining Corp. brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources.
We are currently looking to add a Boring Mill Operator to our Hard Rock Group at our Sudbury, Ontario location.
- Read and interpret blueprints or layouts on work piece sequence of operations and finished dimensions of work piece.
- Determine required set up, tooling, speeds, feed rate and depth of cut while applying knowledge of metal properties and machining procedures.
- Perform milling, drilling, tapping, boring and reaming to metal work pieces and hold within required tolerances.
- Ensure quality products are being produced and maintain a safe, clean and productive work environment.
Education / Qualification
- 1-3 years’ experience preferred.
- Experience operating horizontal boring mill is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of machine set up is considered an asset.
- Ability to work varied shift schedules including nights.
- Ability to read blueprints.
Komatsu Mining Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefit package, continual focus on training and development, and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in fulfilling the responsibilities listed above and taking your career to the next level, please visit www.mining.komatsu and visit the “CAREERS” section to apply.