Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
The primary role of the Condition/Vibration Monitoring Analyst will involve the analysis of raw machine and component vibration data and the reporting out of results. As a member of a global Analyst team, this role will be responsible for the effective and value-adding analyst services for North America, where samples are drawn from both field and workshop sources. This responsibility will include mentoring the data collectors, providing specialized advice to the many stakeholders and grow to include other condition monitoring methodologies, including oil analysis and thermography.
Due to the diversity of KMC facilities and customer sites, there is flexibility regarding work location. Ideally it would be at one of KMC’s facilities within the mid-west, however all applications and options regarding this will be considered. There will be approximately a 20% requirement to travel.
Day to day responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of raw vibration data for rotating machines and components
- Development and delivery of customer reports based on detailed analysis results
- Mentor the Condition Monitoring program within the KMC North American organization, including data collection and sampling at the machine level
- Manage Condition Monitoring databases
- Participate in the investigation of failures through the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process
- Provide internal Condition Monitoring techniques training and consultation
- Interpretation of tribology reports and transition of this to specific value-adding advice
- Establish working relationships with customer’s Reliability personnel and improve data collection capability
Education / Qualification
Essential skills and attributes:
- VCAT2 minimum qualification
- Trade or tertiary qualification in an electrical or mechanical discipline
- Experience with vibration sampling and analysis
- Experience with oil analysis sampling and report interpretation
- Experience in defect elimination and Root Cause Analysis
- Strong technical product knowledge
- Strong commercial acumen
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired skills and attributes:
- Experience with Ascent/CommTest equipment an advantage
- Experience in underground mining and/or mineral processing desirable
- Experience with OEM and/or major projects desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.