Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
This position requires detailed and diversified knowledge of engineering principals and must be able to apply them in broad or specific areas. This position makes independent decisions on new designs and problem resolutions. He/She may represent the company at meetings, conferences, and seminars involving other companies. He/She supervises, plans, coordinates, and directs important, major engineering projects or smaller, complex projects. He/She requires the ability to conceive novel and innovative concepts and apply them to complex projects. He/She will be expected to relate and interact well with others, both inside and outside the company who interact with Engineering, not limited to but including customers.
- Direct all phases of major projects.
- Prepare design layouts, models, and other engineering specifications involving innovative changes to existing designs or conceptual thinking to new designs.
- Develop information for use at sales or management presentations.
- Review current designs or specific components as assigned for cost reduction.
- Inspect and analyze damaged or failed components returned from the field to determine the cause of the problem and propose corrective action if the design was defective.
- Provide information for creation of Technical Reports and generation of Service Bulletins.
- Meet with suppliers concerning changes to or new requirements for their products.
- Oversee the assembly, testing, and underground application of prototypes and document the same.
- Perform engineering calculations as requires and/or consult with CTE for problem resolution. Review resulting designs for compliance.
- Plan and assign or set up and perform engineering tests of machine components.
- Maintain awareness of and familiarity with Global, MSHA, and State regulations applying to Komatsu products.
- Oversee the assembly, testing, and application of prototypes. Make field trips and go underground to mines to observe machines in operations, review their application parameters, recognize problems or deficiencies, and recommend corrective action if appropriate. Provide proper documentation for these activities.
- Provide technical assistance/liaison to manufacturing, including reviewing and acting upon requests for parts deviation from drawing, and requests for drawing revisions to aid manufacturing process.
- Review customer orders to determine and schedule new engineering to support them.
- Participate in discussions with customers, as directed, related to problem areas and new equipments.
This is not a complete list of responsibilities.
Education / Qualification
This position requires a minimum of a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree, plus commensurate related design experience and machine application. Professional affiliations are desirable. The position requires a high degree of technical competency. Mechanical Engineering degree required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.