We’re a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
The Sustainability Operations Manager is responsible for managing all sustainability certification programs and key performance indicators for utilities and waste/recycling metrics. Project manages and executes against the goals we set and the requirements of the ISO, APEX, and SGP certification programs, working with branches and departments throughout the global enterprise. This position reports to the SVP of Sustainability and partners with the local branch management and local employee Green Teams to capture and analyze all utility, waste, and recycling data from all locations globally, track results, and recommend changes. Works to identify sustainable opportunities throughout our many departments with the goal of increasing economic value, raising awareness/adoption and improving the environmental impact within our daily operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project management for ISO 20121 Certification: Work with every operational department to include sustainability lens, managing the projects within the ISO action plan, and preparing for annual audits. Aggregate and manage documentation relative to certification.
- Project management for APEX Certification: Work with every branch internationally to create processes and reports to pass audits; monitor and maintain.
- Project management for SGP Certification: Work with corporate departments to create certifiable processes and policies, document. Work with all graphics departments to document sustainable practices. Manage ongoing aggregation and reporting of documents.
- Consult with branches to improve practices and track performance.
- Manage the utilities reporting of every global branch using the Freeman Eco Reports and submit them for KPIs
- Analyze tracking data to recommend improvements for branches and corporate departments.
- Develop and monitor the metrics and reporting to track and measure sustainability initiatives and their impact with regard to energy management, waste reduction, recycling efforts and operational enhancements and logistics impacts – transportation impacts
- Stay informed of legislation and industry standards and trends to develop and align sustainability strategy that is current.
- Research and recommend initiatives by developing business plans to support budgeting, plans for implementation and evaluation metrics
- An integral member of the Sustainability Department, with some shared duties as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing sustainability programs, certification standards, and/or event operations coupled with a passion for the environment is preferred
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Computer skills; spreadsheet and project management software capabilities
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Fluid personality that can present to corporate as well as effectively communicate and work side by side with departments and employees
- Knowledge of sustainability standards, practices and programs
- Creative and thoughtful planning and relationship building to create successful sustainability programs
- Self-starter that has the initiative to take an idea from concept to procedural default.
Business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Extended business hours and weekends will be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
LEED AP, CMP, CMM or other sustainability and event industry certifications, licenses and registrations preferred
Freeman is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status or any other protected status.
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster (English) * (Español)