We are currently looking to add a Fabrication Quality Inspector to our manufacturing operations in Sudbury, Ontario.
The Fabrication Quality Inspector is responsible for performing inspections, checks, tests and completing applicable documentation for internally fabricated products, parts and components used in the manufacture of hard rock mining consumables, equipment and parts, in-process or finished to ensure products are being produced in accordance with company quality standards and customer requirements. Must also maintain a safe, clean and productive work environment.
- Technical Diploma in Welder/Fitter or Machining or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of calibration tools within production facility.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Requirements and Standards.
- Knowledge of and applicable training in magnetic particle inspection techniques is an asset.
- Knowledge of and applicable training in non-destructive testing techniques is an asset.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications in machining/fabrication.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Documentation and filing capabilities.
- Good computer skills for documentation and communication purposes.
- Ability to read blue prints, drawings, schematics.
- Good communication skills to work with multi-dimensional team.
Do you have the skills and requirements to fulfill these responsibilities? Please apply for this job using the Komatsu Career Site. Komatsu Mining Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefit package, continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
Thank you for your interest in Komatsu Mining Corp. Due to volume of applications only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.