Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the mining, forestry, industrial and construction industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies and global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy and Montabert equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Reports to: Foreman, Field Service
Shift: Various shifts as per customer need
Location: Sudbury Office
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
- Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis; adjust equipment & repair/replace parts components or systems according to scopes of work.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
- Commission new equipment.
- Provide customer training as required.
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, etc.
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility.
- Complies with Joy Global safety policies and applicable regulatory, customer or industry requirements.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Joy Global products.
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Interprovincial License/Red Seal preferred or equivalent of Technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields with heavy equipment experience.
- 2 - 3 years related experience with mining industry-specific equipment.
- Experience and ability to work underground is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated and driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work varied shift schedules, including night shifts and overtime as required.
- Ability to travel as required.
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please
Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.