Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources. Please visit our website www.mining.komatsu for more information.
We are currently looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer at our Sudbury, Ontario location.
- Work alongside operations and EHS to continuously make manufacturing operations safer and drive a sustainable safety culture;
- Work as part of a multi-functional team on product development initiatives from manufacturing design for design engineering concepts, sourcing technical support with supply chain, scheduling with production planning to assembly support during prototyping;
- Conceive, design, develop and implement new production lines to manufacture hard rock products. Products range from capital mining equipment including electromechanical assemblies through sheet metal fabrication to machining processing of mining consumables pipe;
- Work with tool sources to verify tool and/or assembly and/or testing construction;
- Assist with capital and tooling analysis, strategies, justification and acquisitions;
- Interface with peers, suppliers, and industry organizations to research and develop new process designs and technology concepts;
- Support teams with quotes and assistance to the manufacturing, quality, engineering development, and planning staff, as required;
- Provide continuous support to production team during the assembly phase of capital equipment builds.
- University degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- 3 or more years manufacturing engineering experience in large industrial assembly and/or fabrication;
- Understanding of 3D CAD design, preferably experience with Solidworks;
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes (in particular welding and machining);
- Understanding of Bill of Materials and MRP systems/ ECN / NCR;
- Experienced with Microsoft office software and ERP systems;
- Experienced with project management methodologies and software: must demonstrate leadership, team work, collaboration, creativity, and innovation;
- Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations;
- Working knowledge and application of Lean Six Sigma;
- Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization
- Ability to travel in support of job function (plants, customers, suppliers, etc.).
Komatsu Mining Corp. is an equal opportunity employer that offers an excellent benefit package, continual focus on training and development, and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
If you are interested in fulfilling the responsibilities listed above and taking your career to the next level, please visit www.mining.komatsu and visit the “CAREERS” section to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.