Reporting to the Global Product Management Leader (who is based out of Charlotte), you will work to achieve sustained growth, profitability, market share, and customer satisfaction for our $10M dehydration rental product business in North America. There is a lot of growth opportunity in this business area, making this an excellent platform to showcase your skills and business savvy to make it the best it can be. Additionally you will spend some of your time driving other global growth initiatives within the Dehydration Product Management team.
Dehydration Rental Business
About 75% of your time will be spent managing the rental business, working at a strategic and tactical level to complete planning, forecasting, and marketing through all stages of the products’ lifecycles. You’ll work cross-functionally with the market sector leads, management, sales, operations, and design centers. You’ll be primarily responsible for the P&L for our rental business, so you will treat it as if it is your own small business, though you’ll also have support from management as you learn and grow into the role.
In your first few months you’ll work to understand and document our portfolio of rental product offerings, become familiar with the pricing structure, go-to-market planning, competitive situation, current customer base and sales channels, and the current shape of the business. Once you’ve gained that understanding, you’ll work to manage and aggressively grow the top line while maintaining the bottom line. You will map out the customer base, manage the product portfolio, determine the right pricing schedules and market plan to be more competitive, including product rationalization and new product development.
Other Job Functions
In addition to managing the Rental business, there will be valuable career development by working with the dehydration product management team on projects across the global Dehydration business. Together these two pieces of the role will lead to exposure across the organization and will provide the experiences needed to take on an even larger role in the future.
Some of your high-level tasks will be to:
- Complete all steps of product line strategy and planning, from gathering and analyzing market intelligence, to defining product differentiation, developing roadmaps, and creating business cases.
- Engage with all steps of product lifecycle management, including gathering and analyzing product performance, identifying needed engineering projects for product extensions or next generation product initiatives, and collaborating with R&D, sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to drive innovation and develop your own and the team’s understanding of the product portfolio.
- Drive product and market training and promotion, along with all related tasks, such as a creating product training plan and delivering the trainings, providing technical and commercial support to sales and operations as needed, and providing marketing direction.
- Gather and analyze product line metrics, such as order intake, profitability, warranty percent of sales, revenue and forecast accuracy, on-time delivery, market share, and more. You’ll also look at metrics for product vitality, customer satisfaction, fleet/asset utilization, and timely execution of training and promotion.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Position to be located in Houston, TX , Ocala, Fl, or Charlotte, NC.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Product line strategy and planning
- Gather and analyze market, customer and competitor intelligence to identify and quantify opportunities for growth and margin expansion in new and emerging markets.
- Gather the voice of customers & insights of key stakeholders.
- Define value proposition / product differentiation that provides competitive advantage
- Develop, maintain and gain approval for product line strategies and plans.
- Develop business cases and determine feasibility to achieve revenue growth and profitability targets in line with business strategy.
- Define and drive technology and product roadmap initiatives through project teams to achieve growth plans.
- Identify new markets and quantify opportunities.
- Through on-going customer and marketplace interaction, define and document customer requirements for new products, as well as desired changes/enhancements for existing products
- Collaborate internally and externally to scope & define product requirements.
- Develop List Pricing strategy and advise on pricing strategies.
- Develop product aftermarket strategies
- Manage the composition and location of a fleet of rental products to maximize asset utilization, revenue growth, and profitability.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Gather and analyze product performance, including financial, technical and operational data to identify and quantify opportunities for growth, new product and existing product improvement opportunities.
- Develop product lifecycle management roadmaps for products already in the market
- Identify the need for, and drive value engineering projects, product extensions and next generation product initiatives.
- Rationalize and retire products at the appropriate point in their lifecycle
- Ensure products achieve targeted price margins
- Ensure products meet specifications & agency certifications.
- Drive both technical and commercial innovation utilizing the SPX innovation methodologies of “Insight + Execution”
- Collaborate with R&D, sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop product definitions responsive to customer needs and marketing opportunities
Product & Market Training and Promotion
- Define and maintain Product Training plan.
- Provide technical and commercial support to Sales and Operations as required
- Assist with development of promotional strategies based on marketing research and competitive analysis; implement these strategies in conjunction with Sales and Marketing to establish and maintain market position.
- Coordinate with Marketing Communications to facilitate market collateral strategies.
- Provide direction to Marketing communications for sales collateral
- Support promotion of the product externally with customers, partners, & media
- Deliver Product training (internal & external)
- Exploring new markets
- Product line order intake
- Product line profitability
- Product line warranty % of sales
- Product line revenue and forecast accuracy
- Product line on-time delivery
- Product line market share
- New product vitality index
- Customer satisfaction (VOC)
- Timely Execution of defined product and market training and promotion activities
- Fleet/asset utilization
About SPX FLOW
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader with approximately $2.5 billion in annual revenue, operations in more than 35 countries and over 8,000 employees The company’s highly-specialized, engineered products and innovative technologies are helping to meet rising global demand for electricity and processed foods and beverages, particularly in emerging markets.
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.