Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
If you combine experience running projects with a collaborative personality that will fit in well with our culture and team here in Ocala, this position offers you multiple opportunities:
- You will expand your skills and experience as you support diverse projects and work with cross-functional teams.
- You will be able to make an impact as you use your mechanical engineering skills to ensure deliverables are being met and take a hands-on approach to your projects.
- We're looking for the best and brightest for our team, and success in this role could set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our growing organization.
- We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a collaborative, family-oriented culture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Applies advanced technical knowledge in complex engineering principles, concepts, theories and standards of the scientific/technical field. Serves as a significant source of product expertise in multiple areas and may serve as an active mentor to others. Recognizes and understands the cross-dependencies of technologies and understands the impacts on the organization. Structures and solves unusually diverse range of complex problems using innovative approaches. Applies several engineering concepts and develops new relationships for a specific problem.
Directly responsible for determining and directing the most economical and high-quality mechanical design for non-standard customer sales orders from concept to manufacturing, field installation and operation. Leads the project from an Engineering perspective by giving direction to others involved in the design to meet the lead time and specifications relating to the sales order. Responsible for providing cost estimates as a basis for determining pricing strategy for quotes that cannot be done by the Applications Engineering group. This individual will also be required as needed to visit customers in order to negotiate the technical aspects of a project or warranty related issues.
Work is under minimal direction and guided by engineering, operational and project objectives. Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical and consistent with functional objectives. Initiates innovative solutions within area of responsibility and may proactively seek opportunities and collaboration to gain a competitive advantage. Guides the successful completion of major programs and functions in a project leadership role. Applies technical leadership on cross-functional teams. Extends capabilities by working closely with experts within and outside the internal organization.
More specifically, your essential functions will be to:
- Develop cost-effective mechanical designs according to customer specifications using standard procedures and experience including costs for quotes.
- Provide guidance to CAD Designers, Application Engineers, and others on mechanical design and cost.
- Provide technical support for Sales Representatives and customers on topics related to product lines. This may include travelling to customer sites to provide this support.
- Provide support for Warranty Service by checking designs, analyzing customer problems and implementing engineering solutions. May include travelling to installation sites to solve customer service issues.
- Assist Standards engineering by performing related engineering calculations for day-to-day activities and long-term projects.
- Lead and instruct other Engineering personnel in design standards and project scheduling to complete high quality deliverables in the time frames required to support the customer and business commitments.
- Perform engineering calculations required to accurately determine product size, capacity and performance to meet required design parameters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of tasks/assignments in a dynamic, global environment.
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Experience effectively managing meetings with local and remote participants.
- Positive attitude with a collaborative approach to working with various resources.
- High levels of energy, willingness to learn and a positive, achievement-oriented attitude.
- Ability to collaborate well with stakeholders to manage conflict, facilitate trade off discussion and decision making.
- Strong executive presence for sharing, communicating or presenting information to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills with focus on relevant, purposeful and clear delivery.
- Comfortable working in a matrix or flat organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project, Excel Visio and SharePoint).
The ability to:
- Read and analyze general business documents, professional journals, technical specifications, or governmental regulations. Write reports and business correspondence. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and other engineering formulas and data. Apply concepts of algebra and geometry. Create or interpret various spreadsheets, financial reports, data analysis, and measurements.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical information in mathematical or written form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, or related field with and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience in related field.
- 5 years minimum experience as a Mechanical engineer with experience in any of the following: dryers, pumps, valves, compressors, turbines, mixers.
- ASME Codes experience.
- MRP/ERP experience.
- Experience managing organizational and process change.
- Proven project management skills.
- Proficiency with 3-D tools, including CAD.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, Lean, Six Sigma, etc. Is preferred.
- The ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit and work at a computer.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Office conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.