If you’re a skilled Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement Engineer who combines the ability to effectively work cross-functionally to identify and implement CI initiatives with a passion for driving new product development, this engineering role will allow you to make your mark and add value in important ways. You will:
* Enjoy the challenge of taking on a brand new role, identifying what needs to be done and determining how to drive implementation.
* Have wide visibility as you work with MEs and Design Engineers on product development and with stakeholders at Corporate and throughout the plant on continuous improvement initiatives.
* Spotlight your talent and put your fingerprints on multiple areas as you work on new product development, Lean principals, and CI projects.
* Enjoy project diversity and working with a highly committed workforce. The work is interesting, and you’ll get lots of buy-in from the shop floor to management.
* Delevan is a great area to live and work. There are lots of activities from wineries to theaters, and if you’re an outdoor enthusiast, you’ll love our lakes and trails.
Additionally, at SPX Flow, we offer a welcoming atmosphere and opportunities to learn and expand your skills, along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions. Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement opportunities in our global organization. Relocation assistance could be available for the ideal candidate.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, as Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Engineer, you will work directly with the Manufacturing Engineering team, hourly workforce and cross-functionally with all levels of management and will utilize Lean tools and disciplines to drive sustainable improvements in process, quality, safety and delivery. On the shop floor, you will assess what projects need attention, prioritize work, whether hitting a milestone of doing an implementation, develop ideas, often in conjunction with key staff, review concepts and assess project viability. Throughout project lifecycles you will meet with stakeholders, including Corporate contacts and management, review project status and metrics, do design reviews and more. Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
* Supporting and championing team approaches to implementing continuous improvement change and solving problems by working closely with plant management to achieve CI without jeopardizing safety, production or shipment commitments.
* Implementing CI projects while maintaining positive and productive relations, working cross-functionally with Engineering, the hourly workforce, plant management team, and corporate representatives.
* Either directly or through teams, analyzing productivity, maintenance, safety, and quality history and developing improvement opportunities using statistical analysis, machinery breakdown trends, quality failures, and other key process indicators.
* Analyzing production floor layouts and identifying and implementing improvements utilizing Lean methods such as value stream mapping.
* Scheduling and leading problem-solving teams and Kaizen events with a focus on KPIs and overall operating performance improvements.
* Working closely with Manufacturing Engineering and CNC Programming to improve tooling and setup capability in our Machining department.
* Managing, tracking and leading projects to a successful conclusion.
About SPX FLOW
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader with approximately $2 billion in annual revenue, operations in more than 30 countries and over 7,000 employees The company’s highly-specialized, engineered products and innovative technologies are helping to meet rising global demand for electricity and processed foods and beverages, particularly in emerging markets.