Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader with approximately $2.5 billion in annual revenue, operations in more than 35 countries and over 8,000 employees The company’s highly-specialized, engineered products and innovative technologies are helping to meet rising global demand for electricity and processed foods and beverages, particularly in emerging markets.
The Quality Engineer/ Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for effective documentation and application of plans, procedures, and methods governing product quality. Participate in problem solving and corrective action recommendation involving products within the company, as well as supplier materials.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Write, review and maintain the Quality Assurance Manual procedures/instructions, which constitute the subsystems of the ISO 9001 quality system. As directed, participates in the integration of procedures into the quality management system.
- Reviews final designs and design changes for clarity of technical, functional and quality requirements.
- Interface with personnel (engineers, supervisors and managers) in planning, defining and implementing quality requirements for parts and processes.
- Reviews manufacturing process documents and instructions for adequacy, completeness, clarity and inclusion of quality information.
- Assist Customer Service representatives in performing contract reviews on quote documents supplied by our customers.
- Setup a quality systems audit schedule and perform quality systems audits to determine our ability to meet the current ISO 9001 system.
- Implement and maintain scrap reduction programs thru trend analysis and team leader meetings.
- Investigate customer complaints/warranty issues and CAPA programs.
- Perform process capability studies and data analysis.
- Process mapping, cause and effect, FMEA, PFEMA, RCCA, and other problem solving tools to drive continuous improvement.
- Support the Purchasing Department in supplier development initiatives and perform supplier quality audits.
- Interact with suppliers regarding non-conformances while providing prompt resolution.
- Implement and report on continuous improvement initiatives thru action plans and team meetings.
- Evaluate supplier quality systems for new suppliers which may require supplier certification visits.
- Engage with purchasing department and suppliers on rejected material, corrective actions, and supplier quality actions which may include supplier visits.
- Direct involvement in purchasing quality measurements to drive continuous improvement in cost of poor quality.
- Work with the purchasing department in maintaining ISO, PED, and ASME certifications.
- Independent leader with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of quality philosophies, methods, and procedures as well as a working knowledge of common inspection equipment including a CMM’s.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent computer, communication, organizational, interpersonal, writing, and project management skills.
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.