Responsible for all aftermarket engineering activities associated with Service Center. Under direction of Service Center Manager. Work on revamps, upgrades, failure analysis, field trouble shooting and sales support
- Create revamp designs and technical upgrades for customer’s existing equipment, including upgrades to meet API 610, API 674 and other standards.
- From revamp and retrofit create necessary drawings.
- Revise/upgrade bills-of-material to incorporate design changes.
- Support service centers and field sales with technical/application support.
- Perform technical support and system analysis of customer equipment/system at job site including supporting data.
- Promote interaction of design with shop and quality assurance.
- Evaluate and develop new computerized “As-Found”/”As-Built” reports.
- Assists in, and evaluates development of new techniques and tools for the shop.
- Assists Service Center Manager in planning and scheduling of projects.
- Plays a major role in customer communication and interfaces with Sales/Shop to maintain a good working relationship during entire project.
- Assists Order and Material Coordinator in ordering special materials.
- Assists sales, when necessary, in developing technical customer quotations.
- Monitors progress of inspection as-built reports and other customer communication materials.
- Provide complete revamp designs consistent with applicable codes and standards, specifications and customer requirements that will provide superior products with low cost and high quality with better MTBR.
- Provide complete machine, fabrication and manufacturing drawings including layouts and elevation drawings.
- Assist sales engineers, shop foreman and material coordinator with technical issues.
- Responsible for project leadership for all phases of special aftermarket projects including calculations, service reports and all documentation as required.
- Provide on site engineering assistance (i.e. Vibration, hydraulics and systems).
- Perform other assignments as determined by Service Center Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)as well as knowledge of pump design and application is required.
- Required five to seven years design experience with centrifugal and reciprocating pumps.
- Knowledge of shop and repair procedures.
- Ability of reverse engineering. Additional expertise in design of turbines, compressors, gearboxes, etc., is beneficial.
- A working knowledge of PC’s software including Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Access), AutoCad, Solidworks,etc.
- Ability to coordinate, schedule and follow-up