Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader with approximately $2 billion in annual revenue, operations in more than 35 countries and over 6,000 employees The company’s highly-specialized, engineered products and innovative technologies are helping to meet rising global demand for electricity and processed foods and beverages, particularly in emerging markets.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned, high-energy sales professional with experience selling industrial equipment or similar technical products, ideally mixer products and services, through distributor / channel sales partnerships. As a Regional Sales Manager, you will take ownership of the Midwestern regional territory, including Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis, and represent SPX Flow’s LIGHTNIN brand. LIGHTNIN has 90 years of unrivaled experience in industrial mixing technology, process knowledge, and technological innovation and enjoys a global reputation for durable, long-lasting mixers, agitators, aerators, and flocculators for fluid process systems.
If you're hungry and have the drive to excel and the tenacity to get out in the field most days (travel is approximately 50%), this role could be your perfect fit. You will enjoy a competitive base, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package; autonomy along with strong support; and the stability and resources of a global organization, SPX Flow, with outstanding, market-leading brands, just under $2 billion in annual revenues, operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150 countries.
As Regional Sales Manager, you will manage and drive independent representative companies, maintaining and further developing partnerships, in order to meet procedures, goals and objectives. You will bring a strong sales perspective to every action, interaction, and program, identify acquisition candidates and other market opportunities, and ultimately grow the business and territory. You will be responsible for order and sales volume and profitability for all new and aftermarket products and services, and for maintaining LIGHTNIN's position as the market leader.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the necessary leadership to representatives and LIGHTNIN personnel to obtain orders, sales and margin goals for the defined Midwestern region.
- "Own" the representative and customer relationships within the region. Interact with customers and drive change to meet their needs.
- Develop strategy and pricing controls for quotations.
- Establish and maintain a yearly business plan for each sales office, including annual order and sales budgets.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage sales office performance against the plan and budgets. Replace non-performing sales offices with appropriate new candidates.
- Responsible for key commercial decisions (strategies and pricing) for all business within your region.
- Establish and drive specific sales plan to implement new products, services and programs.
- Obtain and manage Alliance Partners, developing “key customer strategies” for success.
- Provide customer (sales) perspective as LIGHTNIN implements new programs, products or initiatives.
- Achieve business growth year-over-year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong engineering knowledge and advanced knowledge of mixer products and mixing processes to provide technical solutions to customers.
- The ability to:
- Supervise and train an independent representative sales channel.
- Promote team building within SPX, the sales channel and customers.
- Travel in a territory that includes Charlotte, Atlanta and parts of Virginia.
- High energy with a passion for building strong customer relationships and providing outstanding service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree or equivalent, MBA and/or Chemical Engineering degrees are preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of sales and sales management experience, preferably with “wet-end” process equipment.
- Proven track record in a leadership role.
- Understanding of business processes and functions outside of sales and marketing, including finance, human resources, information technology, product development and manufacturing.
- Customer support experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
SPXFlow, INC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all candidates and employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or any other basis protected by law.