Spotlight Your Business Analysis Talent as You Review Complex Data & Interact with Leaders at a Growing Global Organization
If you're a proven business analyst with a strong background in BI and the analytical and creative savvy to think beyond the data/numbers and ask, Why?, the role of Senior Business Intelligence Analyst offers a compelling mix of challenge and opportunity. Consider:
- This is a newly added role, specifically created to take on an exciting and robust new project. You can make a ground-floor impact!
- You will enjoy exposure to the C-Suite and globally as you work on this key project.
- This position offers a complexity that will allow you to stretch your skills and further develop your talents. Initially, you'll focus on the business and sales processes, as related to your assigned project, but in time you'll move onto Operations and other areas.
- We have an outstanding, family-like culture where we enjoy team building and other activities including BBQs, ice cream socials, field days where we play games, and more. We also have a bistro for breakfast and lunch and an onsite gym!
- We believe in work/life balance. While you will flex your time, coming in a little early or staying as needed to meet project deadlines, we do our best to keep hours reasonable.
- In addition to work/life balance, you'll enjoy seasonal time off like a half day off every Friday between Memorial Day and Labor Day and the week off between Christmas Eve and January 2nd, in addition to the PTO you'll earn as part of your benefits.
- In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
This role could be a good fit whether your background is in business, sales & account planning, IT, finance or manufacturing. It will be based in our North American Corporate HQ in Charlotte. Relocation assistance may be available to an outstanding candidate.
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW) innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by designing, delivering and servicing high-value solutions at the heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems, into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets. SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150 countries. To learn more about SPX FLOW, please visit SPXFlow.com. Clicking on this link will open a new browser window, but be sure to come back to submit your resume.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst opportunity, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in Business, IT, Finance or another directly related field; relevant certifications are a plus
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in data analysis, business analytics, business intelligence or a comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Knowledge of SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- Proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to analyze trends, compile data into comprehensive reports, and making recommendations based off of findings
- Ability to present and explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences, including leadership
- Curiosity and passion for data and data visualization
- Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problem with quantitative data
- Willingness to question the validity and accuracy of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfort interacting with employees ranging from entry-level to senior leaders
- The ability and desire to collaborate with others in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%, including internationally
Preferred, but not required,
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Previous experience working with the following: Sales, Finance, HR, and e-commerce/web, Manufacturing
- Exposure to ERP’s, ideally including SAP
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse processes
- Knowledge of Power BI or similar data visualization tools
- Knowledge of big data platforms like Hadoop
At SPX Flow we are committed to attracting, hiring, developing and deploying the best and brightest individuals into critical capability areas across the company, and providing them a platform to build a career. We're expanding our team to meet growing business needs that will provide you the opportunity to be involved on the ground floor of an important project, the details of which will be shared when you are fully qualified.
As Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will work initially on the newly emerging project -- a project that is sales and product focused. We will be building the foundation from scratch. A good deal of focus will be placed on creating and agreeing on enterprise KPIs between the customer's requirements, business needs and IT capabilities. You will work with other analysts on the team, seated in Charlotte, France and Sweden, but take point on the project, serving as a bridge between the business and IT. You'll be the face of IT to the business and of the business to IT, so you'll need to be able to communicate in both technical and non-technical terms. Success will require that you take an intellectual approach, thinking beyond the data as you create if/then scenarios and develop optimal solutions.
You may participate in another major project underway, and in time could interact and collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization including Finance, Product Management, Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, and Supply Chain groups.
Reporting to the Director of Global IT Applications & Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for translating BI needs into requirements by holding requirements gathering interviews/sessions with key stakeholders across the organization. You will initially work with local Finance and Sales team leaders and begin with sales processes. From there we'll build the global vision. Additionally, you will:
- Gather, analyze, and identify opportunities for enhancements
- Work closely with business and technology partners to seek and provide effective resolution to business issues
- Define the engagement success criteria with business users; track and monitor progress during engagements and ensure deliverables are met
- Support the analytics needs inclusive of data cleaning, exploratory analysis and deck building in PowerPoint
Identify and implement solutions to enhance the existing BI infrastructure process and technology, and to potentially move to newer BI infrastructure technologies to support the long-term roadmap
- Create documentation to assist business users and IT members in designing & effectively using the solutions developed
- Deliver against the data strategy to support the development and deployment of executive dashboards, operational dashboards, standard reports, ad hoc reports, discovery & analysis, and predictive analytics
- Communicate and report project progress related to schedule and work performance to the necessary stakeholders
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good Reasons
Over time, you'll work with our AMER, APAC and EMEA teams with locations all over the world. You'll have exposure to different cultures and teams. You'll also have global opportunities, should that interest you.
While you'll use the breadth of your skills, there is a lot to learn. We are dedicated to providing our employees with the training and the tools they need to succeed.
Training and support
Your supervisor maintains an open door policy and can serve as a strong mentor to your success. We have regular team meetings and alternate one-on-one meetings in between. You can feel secure knowing that you'll have plenty of support to help you get started.
Build a career home
We search for those with the talent and ambition to build a long-term career with SPX Flow. If you're looking for a career home with ample opportunity, we want to hear from you.
You'll find strong entrepreneurial spirit here, along with a work hard/play hard attitude. In addition to offering flexible work arrangements, such as the 1/2 day summer Fridays, we are proactive about recognizing and rewarding strong performance.
In addition to competitive base and bonus opportunity, you'll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental choices with costs shared by the employee and SPX FLOW; an employee-paid vision plan; a retirement savings plan with company match; paid time off; and more. Benefits begin day one.
At SPX FLOW, what's in it for employees goes well beyond market-competitive compensation and benefits. Our Total Rewards program includes a comprehensive offering that combines a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal development, career growth and recognition. The program gives employees a financial stake in their own success and the ongoing success of the organization and includes:
- Opportunities to be recognized and rewarded for hard work and a job well done.
- A platform to spotlight personal talent and achieve exceptional results.
- A chance to display the values and leadership practices we, as a company, embrace.
Keys to Success
To excel in this role you will have the ability to see the big picture both from a business and systems viewpoint. In addition to being able to connect the dots between multiple data sources, you should have a knack for seeing solutions. You will be challenged by the complexity of the data, so a creative mind and attention to detail will be important.
Just as important as your business analysis skills and knowledge of BI tools and data warehousing, will be your interpersonal and communication skills. You'll work with people at various levels, and you should develop an understanding of which information is important to which people and where they merge. Similarly, when presenting information, you'll need to translate technical information into clear and concise terms that suggest action. This is a high-visibility project, so comfort presenting to leaders will be essential.
To thrive here you will share our entrepreneurial spirit and have a positive, upbeat attitude. You'll join a collaborative and supportive team of people who readily engage and help one another, but are also driven to achieve goals independently.
SPX FLOW is a global supplier of highly specialized, engineered solutions with operations in over 35 countries and sales in over 150 countries around the world. Our innovative solutions play a critical role in helping meet the rising global demand in the end markets we serve. Our total revenue in 2017 was $1.95 billion, with approximately 30 percent from sales into emerging markets.
We serve the food and beverage, power and energy and industrial markets. Our product portfolio of pumps, valves, mixers, filters, air dryers, hydraulic tools, homogenizers, separators and heat exchangers, along with the related aftermarket parts and services, supports global industries, including food and beverage, oil and gas, power generation (including nuclear and conventional), chemical processing, compressed air and mining.
Our core strengths include product breadth, global capabilities and the ability to create custom-engineered solutions for diverse flow processes. Over the past several years, we have strategically expanded our scale, relevance to customers, and global capabilities in these markets. We believe there are attractive organic and acquisition opportunities to continue to expand our business.
We focus on a number of operating initiatives, including innovation and new product development, continuous improvement driven by lean methodologies, supply chain management, expansion in emerging markets, and organizational and talent development. These initiatives are designed to, among other things, capture synergies within our businesses to ultimately drive revenue, profit margin and cash flow growth. We believe our businesses are well-positioned for long-term growth based on our operating initiatives, the potential within the current markets served and the potential for expansion into additional markets.