Senior Procurement Specialist
If you combine a passion for procurement with the ability to manage suppliers and vendors, this position offers you multiple opportunities:
- You will expand your skills and experience as you support diverse procurement projects and work with cross-functional teams.
- The role will provide you exposure to cross-functional, global functions and give you a broad understanding of our business processes.
- We're looking for the best and brightest for our Procurement team, and success in this role could set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our growing organization.
- We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a collaborative culture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the direction of the Supervisor, Manager or Sr. Manager, Procurement, you will be responsible for buying, managing purchases, and overseeing deliveries of raw materials from existing vendors and acting as point of contact for vendors. You will be responsible for negotiating favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers and preparing and processing requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies for customer-related business processes or for internal use as a generalist or in a combination of purchasing disciplines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of tasks/assignments in a dynamic, global environment.
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Experience effectively managing meetings with local and remote participants.
- Positive attitude with a collaborative approach to working with various resources.
- High levels of energy, willingness to learn and a positive, achievement-oriented attitude.
- Ability to collaborate well with stakeholders to manage conflict, facilitate trade off discussion and decision making.
- Strong executive presence for sharing, communicating or presenting information to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills with focus on relevant, purposeful and clear delivery.
- Comfortable working in a matrix or flat organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project, Excel Visio and SharePoint).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree; or the recognized equivalent in work experience.
- 5-7 years of procurement / purchasing experience.
- SAP experience.
- Strong negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic sourcing knowledge and experience with suppliers and international souring at the industrial level (i.e. metals).
- The ability to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Preferred but not required:
- Lean manufacturing / continuous improvement experience.
- Strong excel skills.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit and work at a computer.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Office conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.