The District Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining and expanding influential relationships with channel partners to maximize sales coverage in their given territories. The District Sales Manager will play an integral role in growing SPX FLOW’s revenue and profits, by adding value to our customers. This position must gain a comprehensive understanding of the territory in terms of customers, competitors, industries and trends as they relate to the SPX FLOW’s F&B product portfolio. The individual will be responsible for acquiring new business opportunities at new and existing customers in order to meet aggressive business growth plans.
The ideal candidate will have a strong market and customer focus and be able to translate this into clear business strategies to generate growth. Accountable for executing assigned sales goals and sales plans within a designated sales territory. Work proactively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure customer needs are met or exceeded. Represents Company at trade shows and other professional activities. Reports to Regional Sales Manager.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Achieve annual and quarterly goals of order and revenue targets through:
- Effectively prioritizing time and attention to what will generate the greatest growth
- Maximizing sales coverage based on addressable market, industry and channel partners
- Setting strategic sales plans and support to gain market share
- Holding our channel partners and SPX FLOW accountable to mutually deliver on our commitments and grow our partnership
- Develop an approved annual Business Plan (Mutual Marketing Plan), as part of the business planning cycle with assigned distributors, and track performance to commitment and provide management guidance to channel partners when off target
- Develop strategic account penetration strategies for key targets and competitive accounts, utilizing the larger commercial team when necessary to take market share
- Disseminate SPX FLOW F&B core strategy, distributor goals, and objectives throughout all levels of the Distributor's organization, ensuring all key influencers fully understand and support the strategic direction and goals
- Identify business opportunities for assigned distributors; provide end user sales call support, value proposition of product based on competition and market pricing strategy to ensure success
- Understand the focus and business model of the channel partners in region to ensure maximum coverage of our product line is maintained (technical sellers, industrial, high volume, etc….)
- Ability to influence channel partners to drive mutual success demonstrated by regular in person business and market reviews, territory coverage based on market opportunity and having the difficult discussions when partners are not aligned with our objectives
- Engage with and provide channel partners with sales tools, marketing material, market intelligence and sales strategy guidance when needed.
- Communicate and facilitate sales responsibilities with Regional and District managers, allowing for effective business solutions to be developed representing mutually successful and profitable results; Ensure SPX FLOW is positioned as a preferred supplier
- Understand competitive pricing in region and communicate back to Product Management
- Communicate with and monitor the performance of all assigned channel partners; report progress to Regional Sales Manager and others as required.
- Continuously communicate with other district and regional sales leaders to share best practices, and in turn, share with assigned channel partners.
- As the primary Sales interface with our customers, become the “Voice of the Customer” and the customer advocate, provide feedback and input from the customer to Product Management and other commercial operations, marketing, and engineering.
- Serve as internal channel advocate to ensure partner and customer satisfaction
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct Engineering Firm and End-user presentations, as well as channel partner training with emphasis on product quality and features; value-added selling and profitable growth throughout the channel.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical knowledge of products, applications, features, advantages and benefits. Remain current with relevant internal and external training and development.
- Exhibit proficiency in Consultative Selling, strive to understand the customers’ needs and motives, and be adept at selling the value proposition of the optimal solutions.
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge of SPX FLOW F&B and competitive products
- Participation in industry events such as trade shows and seminars
Compliance / Ethics
- Manages potential channel conflict, works closely with partners and other District Sales Managers using excellent communication skills both internally and externally and follows channel rules of engagement with the utmost integrity.
- Ensures partner compliance with SPX FLOW standards and ethics
- Travel extensively throughout the territory to develop new business, support customers, and to understand market conditions (estimated 45-55% overnight travel)
- Must be able to lift 75-100 lbs of Demo Equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own an acceptable vehicle