Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader with approximately $2.5 billion in annual revenue, operations in more than 35 countries and over 8,000 employees The company’s highly-specialized, engineered products and innovative technologies are helping to meet rising global demand for electricity and processed foods and beverages, particularly in emerging markets.
Manages and directs the activities of Customer Service, and Sr. Customer Service Representatives, the Customer Service Team Lead and fulfills the duties of a customer service representative as required. The primary responsibilities include facilitating the continuous improvement of existing processes and making recommendations that would have a material impact on efficiencies and quality; responding to escalated customer telephone and/or written inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, quotations, and complaints to include returns/credits, shortages and adjustments, expediting, and requests for literature. Preparing reports and attending commercial meetings to update sales teams on order intake, and trends. Analyzing serious complaints/issues and taking remedial action as needed to satisfy customers. Recommending and participating in hiring, transfers, terminations and performance review process. Contacting other internal company departments such as production control and shipping/receiving to communicate requirements and expedites. Coordinating and overseeing the training and development for Customer Service Representatives. Coaching employees on issues and ensuring employee development plans are in place and being executed. This role is a direct liaison with customers, internal sales personnel, and distribution.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work
- Assign overtime and approve bi-weekly timesheet and payroll hours
- Evaluate direct reports performance; rewarding and disciplining as necessary
- Participate and coordinate during the process of interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Approve return merchandise authorization requests and oversee credit requests for accuracy and completion
- Address complaints and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Monitor calls to observe employee's demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies
- Recommend corrective action to adjust errors and customer complaints
- Determine work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Assist trade show preparation and attends trade shows as appropriate
- Study and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of department
- Generate and analyze reports to manage order intake and workflow of customer service representatives.
Customer Service Representative Duties
- Provide telephone coverage as necessary.
- Set-up sales orders received by fax, phone, or mail for order entry.
- Perform order entry responsibilities including adding new orders, adding items to existing orders, changing orders, expediting, and canceling items on existing orders as needed.
- Review customer complaints and issue returned goods numbers or credits as required and initiate customer complaints received.
- Quote pricing as needed and direct customer RFQ’s to appropriate sales reps or distributors
- Enter order acknowledgements in customer web portals.
- Provide shipping with updates on preferred shipping methods for customers.
- Fulfill all customer requests for catalogs and literature.
- Update and maintain work instructions according to ISO9000 procedures as required.
- Update customer and material master files.
- Exhibit export order knowledge and comply with all company export rules for export order processing.
- Perform a lead role in maintaining customer satisfaction and relations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have the ability to manage diverse volume of work and manage appropriate priorities which involve a high frequency of change.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Highly logical.
- Strong computer skills including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred. Ability to quickly develop proficiency in new programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly confidential. Must have high degree of integrity, discretion and judgment.
- Polished professional communication skills and personal presentation.
- Able to remain extremely professional, composed and competent in multi-task, rapid change environment.
- Bilingual a plus- English/Spanish. English as the primary language with exceptional grammatical skills.
- SAP ERP SD experience.
Required Education / Experience
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-Year College or technical school; and minimum of two years related experience and/or training.
Preferred Education / Experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of ERP systems (such as SAP) and Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s Degree