If combine solid experience in a repair facility, warehouse or manufacturing environment with knowledge of pump and mechanical equipment repair, this is your opportunity to join a successful and growing global organization where you can make an impact while continuing to evolve professionally. As Service Technician, you will deliver post-sale services at customer sites and SPX Flow Service Centers. You will perform hands-on installation, maintenance, troubleshooting (e.g., teardown, diagnostic tests, etc.), and repair of pumps and other rotating equipment, such as compressors, blowers and turbines, to ensure that they function properly and meet quality standards.
At SPX Flow, we offer a welcoming atmosphere, visibility, and opportunities to learn and expand your skill-set, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. We value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions. Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement in our global organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Service Technician, you will report to the Service Center Manager, and:
- Respond to customer questions regarding operation and malfunction of pumps and other equipment
- Help ensure customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and configurations that may favorably impact performance
- Develop procedures and predictive/preventative maintenance plans; perform preventative maintenance procedures as required
- Test, troubleshoot and repair equipment and components according to established quality procedures
- Conduct tests to ensure that repaired products meet technical specifications
- Solve straight forward to complex problems and implement solutions
- Track and report machinery reliability statistics
- Advise Product Management and Product Development of recurring component failures
- Read and interpret schematics for assembly, repair, and reassembly as required including completion of applicable quality documentation in either paper or electronic form
- Responsible for thoroughly filling out detailed inspection and field service reports
- Work to standard work procedures (SOPs)
- Work Monday through Friday and other times (i.e. overtime, call-in response, etc.) as needed to meet customer requirements and business needs
- Travel 75%-80% to customer sites and service centers to perform your duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of pumps, blowers, turbines, compressors and/or rotating equipment
- Ability to work on multiple types of industrial equipment, such as valves, gearboxes and mixers is preferred
- Ability to prepare, schedule, and coordinate activities for fabrication, inventory (parts and materials) and customer service activities
- Skill to perform basic pump service, maintenance activities, and accurately take measurements, complete documentation, and reference proper standards to ensure quality craftsmanship
- Knowledge of industrial codes & standards (API, ASME, ANSI, OSHA, State)
- Basic math and computer skills
- Proven ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload for maximize efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- Highly quality oriented with attention to detail
- Excellent people and communication skills – verbal and written
- Strongly safety oriented
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers and SPX Flow team members
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years of pump repair or very similar experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2-year technical degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience maintaining continuous plant operations and high efficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to lift 40 pounds, if and when required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manufacturing floor conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements with regards to safe walkways, shelving and general working areas. Due to the nature of the stores environment, temperatures can range depending on seasonal conditions. An air-conditioned office is available within the warehouse to reduce discomfort. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow however from time to time, dust and general packing materials may accumulate. Noise can often be at levels that require hearing protection due to vehicle movements and general day to day activities in the nearby workshop. All personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided for by the company.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.