This role is a great opportunity to launch a long-term career with a great company that offers excellent work / life balance, and a professional yet family-oriented atmosphere. When people start working here, they tend to stay! In fact, most of our employees here have 10 -15 years of tenure! We have AC in some of the location, and we are close to the beach. We're looking for the best and brightest for our Painting team, and success in this role could set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our growing organization. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a collaborative culture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Supervisor, Production, as a Painter at our Newport facility, you will apply powder coat paint with a handheld sprayer onto metal in a manufacturing environment.
One person loads the line with part and then the part goes into booth for powder coating, then the part is off loaded for assembly. You will rotate the work with two other colleagues; with one person painting, one loading and one unloading.
You will work a shift from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., with two breaks and a 30 minute lunch.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of tasks/assignments in a dynamic environment.
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Positive attitude with a collaborative approach to working with various resources.
- High levels of energy, willingness to learn and a positive, achievement-oriented attitude.
- Ability to collaborate well with a variety of contacts.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project, Excel Visio and SharePoint).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Manufacturing or production experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Assembly-line experience.
- The ability to work with primary colors.
- Powder coating experience.
- Cross-training experience.
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit and work at a computer.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Office conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.