If you combine your electrical and PLC expertise with a high level of mechanical aptitude, consider joining the Maintenance and Facilities team at SPX Flow's Goldsboro plant. Here's why:
- We have a strong sense of teamwork, help one another out and keep one another safe.
- Not only is this a climate-controlled facility, but we have recently invested $3 million in new equipment, and there is more to come.
- You'll join a team with strong tenure -- SPX Flow takes very good care of employees and people like working here.
- We'll provide opportunities for you to expand your skills and experience, and strong performance could set you up to advance; we are committed to promoting from within whenever possible.
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits
While you will focus on electrical work, we're looking for a team player who is willing to support a wide variety of projects, from rewiring a small tool to repairing a broken toilet.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is a combination of facilities and maintenance activities, troubleshooting, ordering components, rewiring, changing lights, moving equipment, painting equipment, fixing a gate and more. On occasion we build things, like storage or equipment mounting.
Every day may be different, but your assignments will include:
- Equipment: Repairing and maintaining equipment, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications. using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments. This may include machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facilities mechanical components and electrical equipment and systems in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs), internal requirements, manufacturer's specifications and safety policies.
- Developing, maintaining and securing a spare parts inventory of basic maintenance hand and power tools.
- Recommending purchase of maintenance tools, equipment and supplies as required to streamline processes and increase efficiency.
You'll work Monday through Friday, 6 am to 4:30 pm.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience performing electrical maintenance related to manufacturing and equipment.
- The ability to identify and troubleshoot PLC issues.
- A team player approach and willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
- Certified electrician.
- Knowledge of pumps, valves, and motors.
- Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move objects.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Plant conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements with regards to safe walkways, shelving and general working areas. Due to the nature of the stores environment, temperatures can range depending on seasonal conditions. An air-conditioned office is available within the warehouse to reduce discomfort. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow however from time to time, dust and general packing materials may accumulate. Noise can often be at levels that require hearing protection due to vehicle movements and general day to day activities in the nearby workshop. All PPE is provided for by the company.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.