If you combine your EHS expertise with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, this position offers you multiple opportunities. In this role you will:
- Be able to make a significant impact at the regional level, playing an important role as we take a square-one approach to ensuring we have best EHS practices in place.
- Contribute to strategy development and also execute the strategy, acting as consultant, educator and change agent to managers and employees.
- Support multiple industry-leading brands at a premier, global company, such as M&J Valve, Copes-Vulcan, Bolting Systems, Power Team and others.
- Showcase your potential to advance in our growing organization. We're hiring with an eye to the future, looking for a professional who is motivated to learn and develop professionally.
- Find a welcoming atmosphere -- we value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions. We also offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will assume responsibility for day-to-day implementation and administration of environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs and policies in compliance with SPX guidelines and local regulations. This position will partner with facility management as well as SPX Regional and Corporate EHS leaders to achieve defined objectives.
We are revitalizing our EHS programs, including rejuvenating a culture with EHS awareness as a core value. We'll look to you to hit the ground running to help your supervisor, the EHS Manager, assess the current state, identify areas of focus, and implement best practices. In some cases you will build on strengths and in others you may start from a clean slate. Initially you can expect to invest a good deal of time in meetings with stakeholders, updating metrics, performing risk and KP assessments, training and more.
Pivotal to your success will be your ability to understand the goals and challenges of managers and employees, and incorporate that insight into the programs. Your responsibilities will fall into seven key areas:
- Audits, inspections and assessments.
- Developing and delivering EHS training.
- Monitoring and assuring compliance with all relevant guidelines and regulations.
- Helping implement EHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responding to and reporting incidents, and facilitating root cause analysis as necessary.
- Participate in due diligence for acquisitions and divestitures
- Supporting the development and implementation of site-level EHS management systems.
You should expect to travel to different facilities up to 25% of the time. For the most part you will work regular business hours, but we'll also look to you to be flexible about working additional hours as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Relevant technical certifications in health & safety, fire, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of local EHS laws and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of internal EHS audits; advanced knowledge and skills are preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and data analysis skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to:
- Work in a team-oriented environment.
- Handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Work well under stress with the ability to deliver on time.
- Self-motivation and initiative.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in EHS, Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, or related field with EHS management emphasis.
- 2+ years’ experience in a related position and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience in industrial environments, ideally those involving welding.
- Experience Interpreting and communicating regulations and standards across the board.
- Experience with EHS management systems; advanced "super user" skills are a plus.
- CSP/ASP certification.
- Experience writing procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.