This role is a great opportunity to launch a long-term career with a great company that offers excellent work / life balance, and a professional yet family-oriented atmosphere. We have very high expectations of the things we build, and in this position, you will be a key player to ensure we are meeting our quality metrics and goals. We demand the best in quality and safety, and this is a great time for the metals industry.
Success in this role could set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our growing organization. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a collaborative culture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Shop Superintendent, as a Machinist / Mechanic, you will set up and operate manual horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, and horizontal lathes. You will fit and assemble machine parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
You will work a shift from 4:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. There are opportunities for the later shift for the right person.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Self-direction, excellent initiative and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of tasks/assignments in a dynamic environment.
- A strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- A positive attitude with a collaborative approach to working with various resources.
- High levels of energy, willingness to learn and a positive, achievement-oriented attitude.
- The ability to collaborate well with a variety of contacts.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred but not required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
If your hobbies include mechanical trades such as working on cars, pool pumps, welding, etc., this could be a great role for you. Mechanical aptitude is of primary importance.
- Assembly and/or welding experience, including:
- Pump casings and end covers.
- Manual horizontal boring mills.
- Engine machining.
- Manual lathes and/or manual boring mills.
- A diverse skill set that includes machining, inspection, mechanical aptitude, and assembly experience.
- The ability to operate a manual horizontal boring mill.
- Pump machining experience.
- Vertical lathe experience.
- Experience in disassembly, inspection, and reassembly of rotating equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.