If you combine practical mechanical skills with low voltage electrical experience, this position offers you some compelling opportunities. In this role you will:
- Expand your skills and experience as you support industry-leading homogenizers, heat exchangers and other products.
- Take advantage of initial training and cross-training that will set you up for ongoing success.
- Enjoy a collaborative and upbeat team-oriented culture -- people enjoy working at SPX Flow and we have a high number of long-tenured employees.
- Demonstrate your potential to take on new responsibilities and possibly new roles within a global industry leader.
- Earn a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits; we'll also provide personal protective equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will assemble various process equipment such as homogenizers, scraped surface heat exchangers, skidded systems, and other assemblies as required. This will include:
- Assemble valve, strainers and manual valves per bill of materials and route cards.
- Test valves hydrostatically with air, water and electrical hook-ups.
- Enters part order number on numerical pad of the CRT keyboard on the carousel to initiate the location of parts needed for assembly of valves.
- Package valves for shipment using foam packer and insuring all serial number and other forms of identification are in place.
- Read and interpret basic manufacturing mechanical blueprints and wiring schematics to understand any special instructions on route cards or operator work instructions related to customer orders.
- Complete material handling duties which include picking and putting away parts in proper location.
You'll work the first shift, 7 AM to 3 PM, with the possibility of overtime.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Solid mechanical aptitude.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Familiar with use of hand tools such as saws, wrenches, files, and torque wrenches.
- The ability to:
- Read, write and process all instructions, including manufacturing mechanical blueprints.
- Use various electrical test equipment.
- Use simple measurement tools such as tape measures, squares, levels, and plumb lines.
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to use shop floor computers.
- Good basic math skills in addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Familiarity with both low voltage and high voltage is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+years’ experience in an assembly area is preferred.
- Experience with scrape surface heat exchanger assembly is a plus.
- Experience with basic plumbing (pipe bending, hookup fittings, hydro test tubes and jackets) would be helpful.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. This job may occasionally require loading and unloading extremely heavy parts with the aid of lifting devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Specific PPE is required within this cell.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.