The Service Center Manager is responsible for leading the safe, efficient, and profitable operation of the Service Center. The role is operationally and commercially focused. The ideal candidate will be able to lead the Service Center Operations team while acting as a liaison for correspondence and communication with customers. The Pasadena Service Center is primarily an API Pump repair facility and while not required, a strong background in API pumps and rotating equipment is highly desired. Furthermore, a background in Operational Excellence (OPEX) and Continuous Improvement is desired, but not required. This position is located in Pasadena, TX and reports to the Aftermarket Director of Operations.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Lead and own safe work practices, shop cleanliness, quality compliance, and contractual compliance.
- Provide regular updates to Director of Aftermarket Operations, including weekly financial performance reporting, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and personnel utilization.
- Address incoming questions and inquiries from customers.
- Provide guidance for the development of repair strategies for equipment with a goal to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Develop, Review, and approve quotations before being issued to customers.
- Make customer visits as required.
- Lead the Service Center team to maximize utilization and productivity through key OPEX initiatives.
- Lead monitoring and updating of the shop WIP (Work In Progress) document/tracker through weekly “WIP” meetings.
- Track, manage, and drive shop and field work to meet or exceed KPI production goals.
- Routinely perform safety and productivity inspections in the workshop ensuring tasks are in compliance with safety and quality procedures.
- Ensure that shop floor and field service personnel receive proper and regular safety training as scheduled by SPX Flow EH&S personnel.
- Lead and oversee EH&S based initiatives and audit actives.
- Manage the Cross-Training and Development of Shop Floor & Office Personnel.
- Oversee the reconciliation and reporting of physical inventory and production data.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with SPX Flow’s Business Conduct guidelines.
- Work Days – Monday-Friday and other as required
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency.
- Must have excellent people and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, SAP, Excel, Word, and PDF editors such as Adobe or Nuance
- Able to lead a workshop and associated work crews to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and work across the organization. Able to work and lead as part of a team.
- Experience in Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement Initiatives is desired.
- A thorough and comprehensive knowledge of rotating equipment and/or positive displacement pumps including overhaul, installation and operation.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, as well as maintenance and repair manuals.
- Solid comprehension of welding and machining practices and standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-Year Engineering and/or Business Management degree preferred with at least 5 years of service and/or sales experience in pumps, turbines, compressors, or other industrial equipment.
- 5+ years’ experience in a field service, repair facility, and/or manufacturing environment, managing field and/or shop floor personnel is a plus.
- Must be experienced in rotating equipment and industrial equipment repair with a strong understanding of machining, welding, and assembly processes and related equipment.