If you combine strong experience as a design engineer for manufactured products, ideally pumps or other fluid displacement equipment with fine tolerances, consider bringing your career to SPX Flow where you can make a strong impact on R&D as you work as a Design Engineer II. Consider a few of the advantages:
- You will join a talented and growing team of engineers.
- We are investing in the Delavan facility, including expanding the machine center and new product development lab. We are more than doubling our lab space.
- You will enjoy a positive and collaborative culture in a climate-controlled environment.
- This role is an excellent launch pad for growth and advancement. Prove yourself as Design Engineer II and you could take on greater responsibilities or pursue advancement in our global organization.
- We offer competitive compensation and a bonus opportunity, as well as an excellent benefits package including insurances, retirement planning, PTO and more. Benefits begin day one
Additionally, at SPX Flow, we offer a welcoming atmosphere, visibility, and opportunities to learn and expand your skillset. We value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions – a tradition that you will help continue and evolve as you develop and leverage strong relationships, focus on employee relations and support the business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with the other members of the engineering team to expedite the design process and establish priorities.
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Design and develop new products utilizing advanced modeling tools and engineering principles
- Utilize CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Interface with Product Managers, Applications Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Purchasing, and other functions during all phases of product development.
- Apply engineering analysis to make data-driven design decisions.
- Develop and review design prototypes, perform tests, and finalize product design to facilitate production.
- Analyze new components, materials, and technologies to evaluate functionality for all new product development.
- Prepare comprehensive project plans with technical objectives and detailed cost estimates.
- Analyze product cost and prepare schedule plans for effective implementation of programs.
- Prepare and approve product design and test plans, review designs, and recommend adequate changes to the approved models before the actual rollout of new products.
- Approve prototypes of new designs, conduct performance analysis of prototypes, and ensure assembly of products follow the company’s quality parameters.
- Comply with Design Control and Stage-Gate processes while designing prototypes and products.
- Track progress of assigned projects to report to major stakeholders.
- Document records for all project proposal and associated activities.
- Perform other product development related duties as requested, directed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven ability to coach, train and interact with all levels of employees from senior managers down.
- Outstanding relationship building skills with the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, at every level; strong listening skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, think creatively and analytically, problem-solve, experiment and adapt, and make bold decisions and recommendations.
- Strong business acumen with effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and thrive under pressure.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing tasks and projects; strong organizational skills.
- Must be a team player who can also work independently.
- Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest level of standards, ethics and integrity.
- Energetic with a clear sense of urgency and direction; able to inspire and invigorate associates at all levels; promote concepts effectively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of design experience.
- Experience with CAD, Solidworks and Inventor.
- NPD – New Product Design experience.
- Experience working in a machining environment.
- Experience designing pumps or valves.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of welding processes.
- Experience working in the food and beverage industry.
- Pressure vessel experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
Think all customer, all the time.
Embrace teamwork with no borders.
Be obsessed with being the best.
Own your actions.
Ask the hard question.
Do the right thing, always!
Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
You are protected by the Pay Transparency rule.