Polisher – Valves (Semi Skilled Technician)
Do you have strong polishing experience along with good hand / eye coordination and a fabrication skill set? If this sounds like you, this Polisher position offers you multiple opportunities:
- You will expand your skills and experience as you support diverse polishing projects and work with cross-functional teams.
- You will be able to make an impact as you use your polishing skills to ensure deliverables are being met and take a hands-on approach to your daily work at this facility.
- We're looking for the best and most talented for our team, you should see your work as a sort of art form. Success in this role could set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our growing organization.
- We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a collaborative, family-oriented culture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Polish to specifications on the work order to procedure line instructions, on fittings, pumps, and valves.
- Set up I.D. or O.D. polishing lathes or hand grinding equipment to run a specified task.
- Inspect work for any defects in polish areas such as pits, cracks, or poor weld quality. Have the part repaired as necessary to conform to specifications.
- Repair any welding or material flaws detected by welding or inspection.
- Enter labor time and piece counts on the computer for accurate labor recording.
- Deburr as necessary any threaded or non-rounded machined parts.
- Fabrication duties include vertical band saw, hydraulic presses, belt sander, hand tools for sizing heat treat oven, pickle tank and finish tumblers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of tasks/assignments in a dynamic environment.
- Exhibit a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Positive attitude with a collaborative approach to working with various resources.
- High levels of energy, willingness to learn and a positive, achievement-oriented attitude.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years minimum experience as a Polisher (I.D. and/or O.D.)
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Good hand / eye coordination.
- Fabrication skill set - punch presses, sizing presses, etc.
- The ability to work in an environment that can be hot and dirty at times, with dust particles in the air.
- Blue print reading and experience with stainless steel a plus.
You will work the 2nd Shift – from 3pm- 11pm - with the possibility of overtime.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit and work at a machine.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Office conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.