Establishes production plan for department and develops schedule and daily load to support the sales and operations plan, inventory, and customer service objectives. Ensure capacity is consistent with the projected forecasts to support the sales and operations plan. To develop and maintain a stable Production Schedule by interpreting client forecasted demand & backlog, taking into account available site capacities / resources while ensuring revenue targets are met. To oversee the execution of the weekly Planning Cycle for department. Responsible for developing the master production schedule that drives requirements to produce complex products. To oversee the process for schedule changes and ensure root causes for volatility is resolved. Responsible for defining and executing procedure and techniques to develop best-practice for scheduling products while balancing the best feasible plan to operational execution and contractual requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops production schedule for assigned product, providing sufficient lead time to procure raw materials and manufacturing components to meet production forecast requirements.
- Establishes daily production schedules to determine in which sequence products and components will be manufactured.
- Ensure production capacities are fully scheduled and planned.
- Work closely with other functional areas to drive and own KPI’s such as on time delivery, service level, Customer request date service level, past due backlog and lead time.
- Reschedules the shop floor as required to meet lead time requirements.
- Provides order administration with status and delivery information; identifies and removes obstacles that will hinder schedule attainment & performance.
- Level load factory (capacity) ensuring achievement of customer requirements while maximizing efficiency and minimizing inventory
- Works closely with Production Control Manager & Lead Scheduler to determine the needs and constraints of the manufacturing shop floor, technicians and schedules work accordingly.
- Develop 5 day fixed / level schedule to stabilize production, supply chain and overall planning.
- Utilize solution based tactics/strategies to meet monthly targets.
- Developing solutions plans for streamlining processes and mitigating risks so that material will flow more smoothly.
- Analyzes risks to identify solutions and bottlenecks, including forward and reverse scheduling methods.
- Follow progress of jobs from start to finish & take necessary action with production control (OT, shifts, outsourcing) to maintain schedule periods.
- Keep schedule updated as well as shop/machine loading plans in order to predict bottlenecks or slack periods.
- Ensures accuracy of information, reconciles supply and demand, validates scheduling requirements.
- Adhere to all safety rules and policies as determined by organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to execute the weekly/monthly Planning Cycle. Maintain long term forecasts to improve MRP accuracy.
- Proficient understanding of safety practices within operations
- Proficient at analyzing site capacity requirement, identify mid-long term bottlenecks and discussing corrective action with site management.
- Extensive knowledge with capacity and materials planning.
- Provide attention to detail and ability to produce results
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business required.
- 2 years SAP experience required.
- APICS certification (preferred)
- 7 years experience in planning/scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
- 7 years experience in MRP
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values as outlined below.
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions. Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities; generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Actively identifying new ideas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Contributing to Team Success
- Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.