Paid Internship Opportunity Working with the SPX Engineering Team
If you’re a 3rd to 5th year Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology student with an interest in building 3-D assemblies of existing modeled parts, the Production Development Co-Op paid apprenticeship opportunity will provide income and on-the-job training and experience that will be invaluable as you step into the job market. This is a 3 to 6-month position, working 40 hours per week, 8 AM to 5 PM, though there is some schedule flexibility.
As Product Development Co-Op you will:
- Learn and understand project workflow including evaluating, testing and building modeled parts
- Leverage your strong computer skills such as 3-D modeling programs and CAD
- Earn letters of recommendation and add solid experience to your resume or graduate school applications
Additionally, at SPX Flow, we value and appreciate our employees and interns and applaud their contributions. You’ll enjoy a warm, friendly and collaborative environment where people work hard and like what they do.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a projects-based role working with key members of the Engineering team. You will have ample opportunities to learn and develop as you:
- Evaluate and implement Engineering Change Requests by:
- Updating and/or creating new drawings for standard parts
- Updating and/or creating standard product documentation such as Order Processing Data Books, customer manuals and work instructions
- Updating and creating parts in SAP
- Utilize the 3-D printer for testing and sales. You will:
- Print Research and Development test impellers
- Print parts to evaluate form, fit, and function of new designs
- Print parts for sale to customers
- Assist with building 3-D assemblies of existing modeled parts to be used in a 3-D automated drawing program.
- Ensure parts are assembled correctly and in a coherent manner
- Ensure assemblies ready to be used as part of a program to automatically generate 3-D and 2-D customer drawings
- Work on design extensions/improvements by assisting with designing, building, and testing parts to be used as extensions or improvements on current units
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in 3-D Modeling programs, AutoDesk Inventor preferred
- Experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- CAD skills required
- A people person with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with Engineering and other departments
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, with excellent Excel skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3nd, 4th, or 5th year Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology Student
- A 3.00 GPA or higher
- Proven reliability with the ability to work a 3 to 6-month, 40-hour per week position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend