If you're an engaging sales and operations leader with proven strong managerial and relationship-building skills, this position offers a compelling mix of challenge and opportunity. Consider the following, you will:
- Join a growing sales organization during an exciting time. We’re forming a new leadership team and the company is changing, growing and freshly energized.
- You will flex your leadership skills as you also share ideas and insights with a strong, seasoned team. The majority of the team members here have been with us for many, many years.
- Enjoy a competitive base salary, sales incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Take advantage of the stability and resources of SPX Flow, a $2.5 billion corporation.
- Enjoy strong support from internal resources such as Engineering and technical sales professionals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Commercial Operations Manager, you will be responsible for planning, controlling and completion of all proposals through the Commercial Operations Team in support of the M&J product family. You will oversee a team of 7-10 direct reports and use your technical expertise in sales operations to establish credibility with the group and make a direct and immediate impact.
You will work closely with Direct sales teams, Product Managers, Sr. Technical Advisor, Engineering and Planning to ensure the overall teams function meets SPX FLOW’s strategy and criteria for quotation execution while meeting/exceeding customer’s needs and expectations.
More specifically, your principle duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee the coordination of the bid process across the product lines to ensure the following activities occur on time and with high quality from proposal receipt to execution hand-over
- Ensure proposal output is effectively managed
- Manage the preparation and delivery of project proposal deliverables; including bid packages, and detailed drawing packages in support of the commercial bid process
- Review and evaluate bids, proposals, and vendor agreements in coordination with Supply Chain Management for acceptability of customer specifications, price, and delivery times
- Develop of schedules and costs for each project proposal
- Facilitate review and evaluation of detailed technical specifications for equipment. Extracts applicable client requirements and communicates specifications to subcontractors, sub-vendors and internal organization
- Coordinate with Project Management team to ensure seamless transition of won orders
- Liaise with the commercial team on customer needs, scope, and timing
- Oversee the proposal delivery to ensure that all significant risks are identified, communicated and resolved prior to submitting quotes to customers and internally for approval
- Lead the customer clarification/ negotiation process and the internal review process
- Responsible for post-order hand-off to Project Management team
- Serve as primary liaison with Operations for SIOP forecasting
- Use Continuous Improvement tools and processes to improve proposal quality, reduce cycle time, and eliminate waste
- Promote/Adhere to the use of the I&E SPX Flow and ITO Tendering Policy and Procedures, standardized process, tools and reporting, ensure discipline to utilize
- Deliver proposal metrics dashboards to measure KPI’s
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and practice of opportunity development, quoting, negotiation, proposal, order award and hand over to Order Management
- Identifying, securing and assigning resources to deliver quotes within scope and timelines
- Ability to create and manage processes within proposal and bid management
- Ability to lead a team within a fast-paced environment
- Anticipating, identifying, assessing and addressing potential or actual events and items that may impact positively or negatively on project delivery
- Reviewing and reporting on all aspects of tendering through the timely and accurate collection of data and dissemination of proposal information to stakeholders
- Managing the execution of contractual agreements with customers to ensure we are compliant
- Strong team player, results driven, customer focused
- Excellent communication, influence, and presentation skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Proficient is MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat as they relate to job usage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree with technical experience is preferred or at a minimum, at least 10 years of commercial and technical experience selling services and upgrades to mechanical equipment in an industrial setting.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and oversee a team of seasoned sales professionals.
- Proven sales and operations experience.
- A process focus and experience with process implementation / design to an established team.
- Some valve knowledge.
- OE and aftermarket exposure.
- Experience with the tendering process and configurators.
- SAP experience; LEAF and LOAF.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.