If you're an organized and skilled prioritizer who is eager to leverage your admin skills in a unique role within a Corporate Tax Department, this could be the ideal opportunity for you:
- You will expand your skills and experience as you provide support to a variety of clerical areas – including tax returns, reporting, project work, and much more.
- We're looking for the best and brightest for our team, and success in this role could set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our growing organization.
- We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a collaborative, family-oriented culture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Administrative Assistant II, your mission will be to provide administrative support to the Director of Taxes and other personnel in the Corporate Tax Department.
You will leverage your strong organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities, and attention to detail to perform various admin tasks such as processing checks and tax returns / forms, interacting with shared services, handling ad-hoc projects, and much more.
More specifically, your essential functions will be to:
- Process all Federal, State, Canadian, and Unclaimed Property tax returns, which includes copying, collating, filing, scanning, obtaining proper signatures, coordinating payment, and assuring proper mailing method.
- Preparation of simple tax forms (Estimate Vouchers, Form 720, W-8BEN-E, Foreign Bank Account Reporting, etc.), including data gathering and tracking unit responses.
- Manage document retention process for all paper files and electronic files including scanning, bookmarking and labeling electronic files for storage on the network directory or SharePoint site.
- Perform scanning, copying, filing, binding and other ad hoc tasks for special and on-going projects.
- Create and maintain files for Federal, State, Canadian, and Unclaimed Property tax workbooks, folders, returns, and correspondence. Assist in determining disposition of files.
- Review and coordinate the flow of all mail relating to the department.
- Set up meetings, teleconferences, and reservations.
- Maintain spreadsheet of professional fees and interact with European Shared Service Center to process invoices for payment.
- Maintain the Tax Legal Entity Organization Chart and update on a quarterly basis
- Other projects as required to support the members of the Tax Department with PowerPoint presentations or charts.
- Order and maintain office supply inventory.
- Manage other duties as directed or modified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of tasks/assignments in a dynamic, global environment.
- Exhibit a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Positive attitude with a collaborative approach to working with various resources.
- High levels of energy, willingness to learn and a positive, achievement-oriented attitude.
- Ability to collaborate well with stakeholders to manage conflict, facilitate trade off discussion and decision making.
- Strong executive presence for sharing, communicating or presenting information to leadership and key stakeholders throughout the Corporate Tax Department.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills with focus on relevant, purposeful and clear delivery.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project, Excel Visio and SharePoint).
The ability to:
- Read and analyze general business documents, professional journals, technical specifications, or governmental regulations. Write reports and business correspondence. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and other engineering formulas and data. Apply concepts of algebra and geometry. Create or interpret various spreadsheets, financial reports, data analysis, and measurements.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical information in mathematical or written form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years of demonstrated administrative experience, with some accounting and/or tax knowledge.
- Strong mailing experience that includes filing tax returns via priority mail.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite of products and Adobe.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Very strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize and carry out a variety of tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to work under time deadlines and willingness to work overtime as needed
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit and work at a computer.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Office conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.