If you’re a high-energy sales professional who combines strong account management skills with the drive to develop new business opportunities, the role of Direct Sales Manager selling aftermarket products to the Oil & Gas, Power Utility and Industrial markets could be your perfect fit. You will:
- Start with some strong current accounts which you’ll maintain and grow, as well as have the opportunity to develop new business.
- Make your mark on the organization and enjoy visibility as your build a lucrative book of aftermarket business.
- Support leading brands, such as M&J Valves, and a variety of rotating and flow control products.
- Enjoy strong brand recognition and a reputation for quality and durability.
- Enjoy the autonomy to perform your role, while also knowing there’s strong support in Houston and across the organization when you need it.
- Earn a competitive compensation package including a base salary and incentives, comprehensive benefits, a car allowance and more.
Additionally, at SPX Flow we offer a welcoming atmosphere where we value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions. Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement in our global organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Aftermarket Sales Manager or Director, as Direct Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Promoting and selling a portfolio of assigned products/value streams and/or services directly to current and new customers.
- Meeting and/or exceeding assigned targets.
- Owning your assigned geographic territory and/or customer relationships; working it with pride and ingenuity, as if it were your own business.
- Utilizing value selling techniques.
- Creating, monitoring, and revising lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.
- Engaging with the organization to qualify opportunities.
- Informing customers of new products/value streams and/or service introductions and prices.
- Possibly managing a sales channel or key account.
- Helping develop colleagues’ understanding, as needed/requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong sales skills with the ability to handle highly complex sales.
- Excellent account management skills combined with the ability to generate and develop new business opportunities.
- Strong understanding of business, financials, products & services.
- A technical mindset with the ability to understand the needs of the customer.
- Have or ability to achieve subject-matter-expertise in a specific area.
- Ability and skill to set and negotiate terms.
- Persistence, tenacity and fortitude to break into new accountants.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of directly related industrial sales experience, including experience selling aftermarket products.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical field is highly preferred.
- Experience with rotating equipment.
- Experience selling to the Oil & Gas or Power Utility industries is highly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be able lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.