Inside Sales Manager
If you have excellent management skills and strong inside sales ability, this could be the ideal opportunity for you:
- You will expand your leadership skills and experience as you lead a team of direct reports and take a hands-on approach to this dynamic role.
- You will have the freedom to take charge and help grow the business. This is a role where we will be welcome to your fresh ideas and input on how to improve our current processes, policies and procedures.
- We're looking for the best and brightest for our team, and success in this role could set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our growing organization.
- We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a collaborative, family-oriented culture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Inside Sales Manager/Applications Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing internal sales activities of organization by performing the following duties outlined below either personally or through subordinate supervisors. You will manage a team of 6 employees, and you can expect to travel approximately 50 percent of the time for this role.
Our primary responsibility in sales is to Capture orders. Daily, you will ensure that requests from customers are being processed. You’ll follow up on opportunities, narrow them down to the best ten opportunities, and present them to the team. It will be your job to look at ways to improve and identify good opportunities for the external sales team to focus on.
Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, following up on quotes, and maintaining quote logs. You will be an essential member of the sales and marketing team and be responsible for positively impacting business results and the overall success of the Industrial and Energy’s Control Valve Business.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and implement strategic internal sales plans to support overall sales order goals.
- Support sales forecasting activities with team members you are responsible for in AM and Inside Sales.
- Liaison between sales department and other departments.
- Prepare weekly reports showing quote volume, high percent opportunities, customer complaints log, follow up results
- Assist customer and/ or representatives on all questions concerning our product specifications.
- Work closely with customers on issues related to application, design, manufacturing, and quality of products to reach a prompt resolution.
- Cooperate with regional managers on all phases of new business development.
- Directly supervise employees in the Inside Sales, Aftermarket, and Contracts departments.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent management skills and strong inside sales ability.
- Expert technical knowledge with Control Valves, Desuperheaaters and Steam Conditioning Valves and the systems they go in.
- A strong commercial focus.
- Prepared to challenge performance, and critically assess.
- Team leadership and motivational skills.
- Shrewd in negotiation.
- Proven track record of sales development and sales force management.
- Familiar with successful business improvement, margin improvement and cost reduction programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of tasks/assignments in a dynamic, global environment.
- Exhibit a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Positive attitude with a collaborative approach to working with various resources.
- High levels of energy, willingness to learn and a positive, achievement-oriented attitude.
- Ability to collaborate well with stakeholders to manage conflict, facilitate trade off discussion and decision making.
The ability to:
- Read and analyze general business documents, professional journals, technical specifications, or governmental regulations. Write reports and business correspondence. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and other engineering formulas and data. Apply concepts of algebra and geometry. Create or interpret various spreadsheets, financial reports, data analysis, and measurements.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical information in mathematical or written form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; and five - 10 years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Experience creating standard work flows, understanding of operations of a power plant, etc.
- Leadership and management skills, including experience with all aspects of employee management (hiring, training, development, etc.)
- Strong people skills, and the ability to work with a variety of internal and external contacts and customers—including with reps and distributors (network-external sales channels.
- Technical experience including valve industry knowledge is highly preferred.