If you are an experienced Machinist with a track record of reliability, confidence and a good attitude, this is a great opportunity to bring your career to SPX Flow. Here's why:
- We offer steady hours and we're hiring for multiple shifts.
- You'll join a group that values teamwork and enjoys a temperature-controlled facility.
- We provide cross-training and promote employee development; strong performance could set you up to advance to a Lead or even Supervisor position.
- In addition to a strong safety culture, we offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- You’ll find that when people come to work here they tend to stay, as evidenced by many employees with long-tenured careers with us.
- You'll support highly respected brands at a global industry leader.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We have opportunities in a variety of functional areas, including horizontal machining, tool and die, and CNC and manual lathes. Typically you will set up and operate equipment in order to produce parts per required specifications. Specific responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Setting up and operating various machines and tools on a singular basis.
- Loading and editing CNC programs as necessary, including making necessary offset adjustments to CNC programs prior to first piece production.
- Reading and interpreting work orders to select proper work center and identify required tooling and/or programs necessary to perform the operation.
- Obtaining and installing proper tooling such as jaws, chucks, tombstones, fixtures, and cutting tools.
- Using various gages and precision instruments (i.e. intra-mics, profilometers for finish surface requirements, calipers, IDOD micrometers, indicators, and special gaging equipment, etc.) to inspect production pieces to make necessary program and tooling adjustments.
- Setting up and running CMM as necessary.
- Cleaning and removing burrs after operation is completed.
- Assisting manufacturing engineering in process improvements.
- Training other employees on a variety of machine tools and operations.
- Returning tooling and reporting any difficulties with tooling or material.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The ability to:
- Read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and work with fractional measurements and decimals.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all machine tools in your area of responsibility in order to produce various parts within specifications from blueprints.
- Read and understand basic manufacturing mechanical blueprints, and use good basic math skills in addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Work accurately with basic keyboard and monitor interfaced with the mainframe computer to enter work order data and correct qualities as required.
- Hold very close tolerances and surface finish requirements.
- Exceptional teamwork skills.
- Strong communication abilities.
- Working knowledge or ability to learn to use a micrometer, depth micrometer, dial indicators, CMM, and other precision measuring instruments.
- A demonstrated history of good attendance and a safe work record.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 years of machine experience, including experience setting up and operating CNC machining equipment.
- The ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and other documents.
- Proficiency with measuring equipment, such as calipers, gauges and micrometers.
- Computer proficiency.
- Experience with at least SOME of the following:
- Toyota horizontal mills, Cincinnati CNC and/or Nakamura TW-10 or TW-20 lathe mills.
- Akuma shaft lathes and grinders.
- The ability to:
- Work to the tolerances.
- Stop with appropriate clamps and fixtures.
- Experience with:
- Equipment from Mazak, Mori Seiki, Okuma, Makino, and/or SMT.
- Fanuc CNC.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- and occasionally lift and/or move objects.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Shop conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements with regards to safe walkways, shelving and general working areas. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow however from time to time, dust and general manufacturing materials may accumulate. Noise can often be at levels that require hearing protection due to vehicle movements and general day to day activities in the nearby workshop. All PPE is provided for by the company. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.