If you’re a process improvement expert who combines strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and drive change, the role of Senior Manager of Process Improvement offers a number of compelling opportunities. You will:
• Play a critical role in our evolution as you build a transformational roadmap, drive Lean projects and influence change across multiple sites.
• Spotlight your talent and enjoy visibility as you build relationships and make an impact at eight manufacturing sites including site leaders and cross-functional personnel in EH&S, Engineering, I&E, IT and other areas.
• Enjoy variety as you lead a team, Kaizen events, Lean 5S initiatives & projects, productive maintenance, do value stream mapping, design manufacturing layouts/cells, and much more.
• Take ownership of a new role, influencing the shape and scope of your impact. It’s a busy, time-intensive role that offers an interesting mix of challenge and opportunity.
• Earn competitive compensation and bonus opportunity, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Additionally, at SPX Flow, we offer a welcoming atmosphere and opportunities to learn and expand your skills. We value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions. Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement opportunities in our global organization. Relocation assistance could be available for the ideal candidate.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the VP of Operations, as Senior Manager of Process Improvement, your mission will be to ensure the governance around standard operating system deployment methodology is maintained and improved to deliver targeted GMO metrics improvements – specifically, manufacturing productivity improvement, inventory reduction, improvement of delivery reliability against Market Expected Lead Times (MELT), and material productivity improvements. To execute your mission, you will observe and investigate value stream waste, and coach and drive Lean projects and methodologies for waste removal. You will also identify other opportunities to improve Operations utilizing a value stream approach to drive continuous performance improvement in people and all leading indicators - safety, quality, service levels, productivity and working capital enhancement.
This role will require a hands-on approach to leading and coaching site teams, including members with differing Lean skill levels, to implement best practices related to their products and processes. Extensive close support of the sites will be required, meaning you’ll spend a good deal of time traveling. We anticipate that you will travel approximately 50% of the time, mostly domestically, but it could be higher. Flexibility will be key.
As part of your specific duties, you will:
• Support and promote SPX Flow values and beliefs, operating policies and procedures.
• Use Organization X Matrix and regional strategy deployment plans to identify, develop, implement and drive lessons learned on RPIs and Kaizen projects for assigned plants
• Create and audit the ‘Pathway to Excellence - Business Operating System deployment plan’ for each plant
• Apply Mentor – Mentee principals
• Drive ‘maturity phase certification’ for all deployment sites as per defined timelines
• Develop detailed deployment plan and training plan with Site Leaders at sites within region
• Partner with Global Process Excellence Team (GPEX) and other Regional Operational Excellence Leaders to develop and train out knowledge sharing tools and improve maturity of lean management systems
• Develop & share talent / skills for sustenance of operations excellence and business operating system programs and encourage others to do same
• Educate and coach company personnel on Lean concepts, tools and methods
• Develop standard work to document common Lean activities like 5S, Kanban and flow cell construction
• Deliver ‘Lean Six Sigma’ trainings and meet region level metrics for the certification program
• Function as technical support in execution activities
• Drive improvement projects across multiple sites to meet GMO Metrics targets
• Drive ‘Value Stream Transformation’ to develop world-class operations at sites
• Develop, along with the Regional Operations VP, the PTE balance scorecard incorporating – People Engagement, Customer Service, Business Impact and Lean Culture
• Ensure governance of all lean/continuous improvement projects at sites and partner with relevant stakeholders across all organization functions and end markets
• From time-to-time carry out other duties, as directed by SPX Flow management, that are within the documented/demonstrated skill-sets of the individual
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Proven success as a manufacturing leader with a track record of implementing change
• Exposure of handling team and similar operations excellence / Continuous Improvement program deployments
• Successful and verifiable LEAN project case studies required
• Experience operating within different cultures to implement and sustain business improvements at all levels within an organization
• Ability to effectively work with Site Teams, and use coaching and influencing skills to embed training and methodologies to develop a continuous improvement culture
• Working exposure of MP systems, preferably SAP
• Strong PC skills including proficiency using MS Office Suite applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Excellent presentation, communication, and systems skills to work with all levels of stakeholders
• Strong change management skills with the ability to work extended hours as needed and deal with ambiguity
Preferred knowledge and experience
• Awareness of Project Management basics and Analytical tools
• Working knowledge of SAP systems
• Working knowledge of A-O methodology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
• Significant depth and breadth of Operations Leadership experience earned from a number of progressive roles, ideally roles which have been within a CTO/ETON/capital equipment environment
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working within lean culture within an OEM; minimum 4 years with relevant experience.
• Lean Six Sigma – Black Belt from reputable institution
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To meet the Environment, Health and Safety requirements of the role, you must:
• Have the ability to correctly put on and operate the required POPE equipment at SPX FLOW sites and 3rd-party/supplier sites without the aid of any other person
• Comply with site-specific EH&S requirements
• Ensure that any and all LEAN & CI developments comply with EH&S standards or the respective industrial generally accepted practices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
• Think all customer, all the time
• Embrace teamwork with no borders
• Be obsessed with being the best
• Own your actions
• Ask the hard questions
• Do the right thing, always!
• Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.