If you have a strong work ethic, including reliability and dependability, combined with experience working in a warehouse or a similar labor-intensive role, consider joining the Warehouse team at SPX Flow’s Ocala, Florida location. You will work daily in a team environment, but also independently as you perform a variety of tasks including receiving, locating, moving, delivering, packaging, processing and documenting warehoused and inventoried products and materials, operating the forklift, building shipping crates and more. You will work a rotating schedule with shifts from 6 AM to 2:30 PM, 7 AM to 3:30 PM, and 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
At SPX Flow, we offer a welcoming atmosphere, visibility, and opportunities to learn and expand your skills, along with a competitive wage and benefits. We value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions. Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement opportunities in our global organization. From this role, you could advance on the Shipping team, stepping up to a lead or supervisor position. You could also cross-train for variety of warehouse opportunities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build crates to ship large industrial products.
- Compare identifying information and count, weigh, or measure items for outgoing shipments in order to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determine method and mode of shipment to meet customers’ requirements.
- Prepare and expedite shipments.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Bring high energy and attention to detail to maintain quality, productivity and accuracy.
- Always follow safety policies and protocols.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team member.
- Critical thinking skills combined with attention to detail.
- Experience operating a forklift and/or crane preferred; forklift certification is a plus.
- Basic carpentry skills; the ability to use hand, power tools, and tape measures.
- Computer literacy including MS Office Suite programs.
- A strong work ethic including reliability and the ability to work effectively in a labor-intensive role.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds independently and heavier weights for team lifts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Shipping experience in a warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Manufacturing floor conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements with regards to safe walkways, shelving and general working areas. Due to the nature of the stores environment, temperatures can range depending on seasonal conditions. An air-conditioned office is available within the warehouse to reduce discomfort. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow however from time to time, dust and general packing materials may accumulate. Noise can often be at levels that require hearing protection due to vehicle movements and general day to day activities in the nearby workshop. All personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided for by the company.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and re